Awards for 2011

Are we giving out any medals this year?

Open a thread for nominations?

Can do that, but first wanted to make sure it was being done this year.

No reason not to

Grand. I’ll set it up over the next couple days. Perhaps we should include a “Lamest Troll” award :wink:

Is there anyone left to bestow?:frowning:

A very good question.

Not to the extent that they’ve done enough to be recognised.

Although the mere recent presence of a few members qualifies them for the highest award, but purely on the basis that they’ve actually posted something.

The forum is dying.

Then we need to add a “You’re still here award.” I have noticed things have been a bit thin of late, the spammers have been the only ones showing any initiative. Things may pick up again as the shopping/hunting season passes, and Witman111 gets out of the hoosegow in a few days so things may liven up.

I hadn’t realised until now that Americans combine the shopping and hunting seasons. :wink: :smiley:

http://www.news.com.au/business/black-friday-sales-frenzy-if-im-going-to-get-shot-at-least-let-me-get-a-good-deal/story-e6frfm1i-1226207287131

[QUOTE=Rising Sun*;181414]I hadn’t realised until now that Americans combine the shopping and hunting seasons. :wink: :smiley:

It is true, although the purchasing habits of the women folk differ slightly from the males (Hunters) as is demonstrated in this very touching story, sung in the gentle accent of the Upper Mid-West.
http://youtu.be/kb9yhhflmvY

Or perhaps this epic hunting tale, required reading in the U.S. school system…:wink: :slight_smile:
http://youtu.be/DZOC1QXTQLk

In all fairness, shopping is far less intense than is hunting, but after reading about those incidents of mayhem at the malls, I’m thinking its shopping that needs to be licensed, instead of hunting… No idea whats the matter with those people, seems everyone has gone loco. I went to the local Walmart, and it was the usual slow meandering through the departments, everyone smiling, and being the acme of cordiality, and mirth. (which is wise since most of them have concealed carry permits.)

So then are we all in agreement that there will be no medals this year owing to there being no one to give them to, and nothing much being posted that was gong worthy ?

I guess so…

On the other hand…leccy comes to mind, he’s a very active user on both forums and photo site regularly posting expedient stuff. He could deserve something…

It’s a shame too, as of this posting there are 224 people (or bots) on this site. I wonder why more don’t register and post…

Wish I knew, its a shame to have all but a very few new sign ups be banned right out of the box. Its not been a banner year for meaty new subjects, even Witman111 hasnt tried his luck again. I will go along with Leccy getting something, will look up what he may already have. After looking for a bit, Leccy does not seem to have any awards, so I would second FTG’s recommendation, and suggest the “All 'round good posting medal”

Royal744 or whatever his user name is makes useful contributions, as does muskogee mike and someone similar to him (US Vietnam - ?special forces - veteran) whose user name I can’t recall.

Then we may have some members to bestow. If we do awards should we just decide who, and what, or open it to the ravening hoards? :wink: So I recommend :
1). Leccy For All around good posting medal, in all areas.

2). Royal 744 For All around good posting medal, in all areas.

3). MuscogeeMike For all around good posting medal, in all areas.

4). Forager For all around good posting medal, in all areas.

Are there any Seconds?

Seconded.

Forager is the VN SF bloke whose user name I couldn’t remember. He deserves a gong too.

So noted, and added to the list of recommended, and seconded. Anyone else have someone to add?