Axis v. Allies Debating

This Site recently has had many more new members :smiley: , and i am always reading debates where some people have defended one persons quote against another.
So i was wondering how about we make Teams, as in ‘Allies team’ and the ‘Axis team’ (specially for Debation).

Yes agree with you . :wink:

Clauss von Stauffeberg Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:20 am Post subject:

Yes agree with you .

Well lets take action and do something about it :smiley: , its a great idea to have debation teams (axis) & (allies)
Admin, mods, what do you think about it ?.

Here’s my 2d worth -

It’s a bone idea, which is why nobody’s picked up on it, and would require people to play devil’s advocate in English, something that most posters here are just not up to. It would also mean that a group would have to defend the indefensible and would come across as a bunch of atrocity-denying or atrocity-supporting wankers.

OUT OFF TOPIC!!!

If you continue off topic,i delete your messages.

Quite the contrary. This is very much on topic. Commando Jordovski suggested to form two debating groups in here, one for the Allies and one for the Axis.

I’m against it, because it will attract the nutcases (Neo-Nazi scum) I and many other users don’t want in here. Who else would e.g. argue in favour of Nazi racial superiority ideology? We’ll end up with all the holocaust deniers and conspiracy theorists.

This site has recently become a quite serious site about historical debate and information. Leave it with this.

Jan

no,they were talking about my room will be like a prison,when fw said the room for erwin,mindless stupid joke,it is for joke section.

Jan,i know that commando was on topic!,because that i didn’t delete his post.

i deleted other posts!

Erwin, Why you delete my posts!!!???

Alright the padded cell on can go, but the other one was a serious breifing.

The idea of setting up teams to do battle on various principles and ideals my be good in a different environment.

But I feel this site benefits more from us being able to veiw our own expressions.

Anyway IMHO any debate would soon collapse in to a virtual riot as people reverted to type.

Exactly my feelings, so much so that I cant add any more to it.

IF mods open like that room i will stay neutral i dont want to fight with anyone ,thats room good if two or more members have something against eachother go in room and fight .My opinion.

Why ? Last line on the page I think.
http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=368&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

the joke that you did about “my room” (room for those who want to join really),was out off topic.

we have a joke section for that,and you can do the post again there if you wish.
thanks

You’ve always got to take a risk of something happening what ever you do, i mean your worrying about having Neo-nazi blokes backing fascism up and stuff, well that can easily be delt with … KICK :lol:
A debating group (axis) and (allies) would just be teams , if it came into a serious rowl of a debate then the person[member] would be kicked out the group.
Say, only chosen members can join the group ?, maybe a specific ammounts of posts, but my thought it that it’s a good idea and we can get around the drawbacks that we may encounter.

Sorry mate - bone idea, drop it.

AFAIK, I’m the only real German in here. I, for myself, would join anything which would defend the criminal gang which ruled my country between January 1933 and May 1945.

Jan

afaik ? :? :? please explain

So are you agreeing with me or disagreeing Jan mate.

AFAIK = As far as I know

I haven’t met another German in here.

I’m strongly disagreeing with the idea of forming an Axis / Allied debating club.
If you debate for e.g. the Germans, you’ll have to defend Nazi ideology, including all their crimes.

I don’t think that anybody, who doesn’t really support the nazis would do this. And I wouldn’t want to have this site to degenerate into a playground for neonazis.

Jan

Jan,this will be about military,not ideology,it’s just for having fun,not neonazism,relax! :slight_smile:

Your response demonstrates you arent quite aware of the difference between what counts as Fun “debate and repartee” and what counts as “soapboxing.” Your own Modding skills have (no offense) been called into question when policing an inocuous humour thread. your ability to control and constrain a clever adept intelligent well read opponent is conspicuous by its absence, It is worth remembering that his place took ages to ban ferrouschap and he was an obvious problem.

Neo Nazis dont necessarily wear ripped jackets and boots, equally drawing Neo-Nazis to the site wouldnt be wise as they would not only be difficult to spot, but they would have a captive audience for their messages. It is not worth drawing intelligent subversive malicious poeple to this ofrum. Tjhe mods have a hard enough time getting posts about your favourite brand of chewing gum to stay within certain confines never mind what would happen if someone stayed fully on topic whilst backing up the principlas of compulsory eugenics. I am fairly sure we lack the intellect in this group to defeat a proper academic in his chosen subject. If his chosen subject were Nazism or fascism you lot - and myself included - would probably be lambs to the slaughter.

I now await a reply from you know who.

bluffcove,this is will be like a game,if i play DoD at the axis side,don’t means im a nazi.
if i think they are better in army than the allies,im not nazi/neo nazi
if i want to be in that team in a forum,only because i like more their side army,it’s done.