Bad Luck

When i fist saw this footage i was like … why the fuck these guys get shot ?..

You can see two german soldiers with hands up and white flags surrender to a groub of GIs near colongne 1944 these two germans do anything by the book and if you watch the footage in normal speed you cant see any reason why the GI`s open fire on them
http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=badluckwv3.swf&width=1024
So I slowd the footage down to 10% of the originial and zoomed in on the first german soldier …

reminds me on the Band of Brothers episode where the American trooper get killed by a German Luger08 in his pocket :neutral:

Quality of that footage is WAY too low to draw any conclusions - you can barely recognise them as human, let alone determine nationality, what they’re doing, etc. Even who fired upon them isn’t clear - all you can say is that it probably isn’t the US soldiers in the foreground.

True. Sometimes the Germans shot their own men when they tried to surrender, but then again, so did some Americans…

ok, you right its not that good to see ... the two germans approaching from the right to the left are two GIs
When the first german drop the white flag he also drops his gear with his holster
as soon as the holster touches the ground the gun went off … thats why the GI`s opens fire on them

BAD LUCK … they were so close to start a new life

ok, you right its not that good to see ... the two germans approaching from the right to the left are two GIs
When the first german drop the white flag he also drops his gear with holster
as soon as the holster touches the ground the gun goes off … thats why the GI`s open fire on them

BAD LUCK … they were some feed away to start a new life

This video was once used to describe that German snipers would surrender right after their ammo ran out, and most GI’s didn’t take too kindly to that.

Jeff