Banter

Banter ought to be an official, universal language. It helps to maintain morale and puts a break on over-inflated egos.

For instance:

When PK says -

I can take the “banter” by Rising Sun and Bravo because I know they both are a pair of inofensive wife slaved adult men (elderly man in the case of RS), with perhaps too much time in their hands,

I have to respond - indeed, when most women meet me they wish to ensnare me and make me their sex-slave. However, once they have worshipped the totem it is they that become enslaved, and I never have the time to do full justice to those that end up in my hands and that’s probably why they always come back for more. :slight_smile:

True, this does not apply to the missus. I’ll always be her slave, but she’s worth it, and when we appear at social gatherings we’re both aware that she is the trophy on my arm that all the other guys want, I think to myself “Eat your hearts out - she’s mine!”

R.S. is not an elderly man. No. I am an elderly man. R.S. is simply an ancient man who wishes he was merely elderly. He doesn’t require contipads, as I do, as he has a bag attached which prevents those parts that he hasn’t seen for a long time from leaking.:slight_smile:

Agree.

It has been long established among English speaking peoples, being Poms, Aussies, and Kiwis. Yanks too often take seriously what is poked at them in fun, which might be why Sarah Palin’s daughter, the brilliantly named Bristol (presumably after the English city of the same name and for the same reason :wink: ) is in the puddin’ club. :smiley:

For instance:

I actually got a bloody good laugh out of that line, so far as it was directed at me. It was good banter.

So far as it was directed at 32B (which I believe is a bra size very much at the lower end of desirable), I thought it was painfully accurate. :smiley:

Fortunately there is no sign in that passage of an over-inflated ego, or anything else excessively pumped up ;), which might provoke deflating banter. :smiley:

I do not appreciate that revelation. Since the dementia took over and my children scented an early inheritance and tried to accelerate it by shoving me into God’s waiting room, I’ve been blundering around the Living Dead Home for the Terminally Bewildered in the belief that the otherwise miserly Home administration had supplied me with an inexhaustible supply of chardonnay, thoughtfully supplied through a tube from a bag strapped to my waist. The plonk was too sharp on the nose and far too acid on the palate, but when the Home takes all my pension I was grateful for what I could get. And now you’ve gone and destroyed the last pleasure in my miserable life, you bastard! :smiley:

Nahhh. It’s because of her titties. :slight_smile:

Nope - just pure, honest truth spoken by an upright citizen! :slight_smile:

Why didn’t you just lie to us? :slight_smile:

I forget. :smiley:

Don’t tell me!..Let me guess!..Your supply of Chardonnay has run out? :slight_smile:

I don’t think so.

The bag is still full of wine.

I wish I could remember why I shouldn’t be drinking it. :smiley:

Selective memory loss is not a senior moment nor sign of aging. It’s a sign of a devious mind. :slight_smile:

I would have replied earlier but I was flat out having a nana nap. Then it was time to change my pyjamas.

The nurses here are always changing my pyjamas.

I think they do it because they like what they find inside, 'cos every time they get my pants off they go “OOOOOOOHHHHH!”

Actually, they get so excited at the prospect of getting my jamas off that even before they get to my room they often say “OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH! RS* needs his jamas changed again.”

They’re at it all day.

Nice girls, especially Nurse Knockers, but my skin is getting a bit dry with the hosing off and rough towelling off I get with every change.

:smiley:

Once again, your aging ears deceive you…it’s not "OOOOHHHH"…but
“AH, AH, AAHH, EH, EH EEEH!..poor bastard (being oz nurses)” that they’re saying! :slight_smile:

Bugger!

I thought they were saying

Ooh, Ah!
Ooh, Ah!
Ooh, Ah!

:frowning:

As I understand it, the medical term for that hearing compalint is “Narcissistic Hearing!” :neutral:

Incomprehensible WWII banter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek&feature=related

Ship shape, and Bristol fashion.

Whilst some Python sketches get played 'til they’re not funny this excellent one doesn’t get seen. Thanks for reminding me. Armstrong and Miller’s pilots are brilliant too. The one when they are captured being my favourite.

Her Bristol-cities could be ship shape and Bristol fashion. :slight_smile:

Definitely.

For those who haven’t seen Armstrong and Miller:
http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6661

EDIT: The prisoner one is the fifth one in the link.

Is the craic as good as the banter? :slight_smile:

http://www.ireland-fun-facts.com/craic.html

Armstrong & Miller… Now thats some funny “shit”. Those two guys rule. Thanks for that post, I havent laughed that hard in a long time.