Battlefield Heroes, A free online game!

Hey there is a game coming out for the pc and it really is looking like a great game. When it comes out, Summer of this year, a free download for the game will come out and yes it is free it says. Here is the website for more information.

Ok, I finally got around to registering and all, and I see no “play now” button…What am I missing?

you are missing nothing. the game isn’t released yet, won’t be released until spring of 09. they just don’t make that very clear.

and from what i’ve heard from beta-testers, etc, the game isn’t very good. the gameplay videos they show are apparently very good at hiding that the game is indeed very slow paced, a lot of hits are required to kill somebody, and the game does everything to empower the casual player, with overly generous hitboxes, etc…

i like the style they’re going for, but i’m not sure if it will be worth the wait.

Darn it…

Man, we go on different sites because I read that it was good. Who cares what the reports are there is just one important thing, it’s free plus I signed up for the beta and I’ll tell you about it when I get to play it.

Cool, go for it. I can only report what I read, so if they changed/fixed the issues mention above, it is only for the better!

Believe me, I try to like the game, I just hadn’t heard anything good about it…

And obviously its biggest asset is that it’s free, but that shouldn’t allow for the experience to be crappy now, does it?

I’d rather pay $40 for a fun game, than get a crappy game for free…

Good point, but you know what was a crappy game for 60 bucks, Hour of Victory lol, It was horrible.

That’s what demos are for. I usually don’t spend $60 on a game without trying it out first, except when I know the gameplay, etc (for example with some sequels)

Yea but they did have a demo and it was pretty good, then they sucked it up

Hour of Victory? Are you kidding me? I tried the demo and I didn’t even bother finishing it. :smiley:

YEA!!! I got the beta! I will tell you guys how it is soon.

How did you get it?

Easy, sign up on the site and then wait, its pretty freaking good, yea it has its flaws but its awesome , the best thing about it is that it’s free!