Beaufighter

The Bristol Beaufighter heavy fighter entered service in 1939 and proved itself to be a versatile combat aircraft in the night-fighter, anti-shipping, and torpedo bomber roles.

12 countries used the Beaufighter which saw combat in Europe, the Mediterranean, the Pacific, and South-East Asia as well as the Greek Civil War.

The Beaufighter was armed with 6 x 7.7mm machine guns, and 4 x 20mm cannon in the fighter role, with various combinations of guns, bombs, and rockets used by the other versions.

Beaufighter Mk IC 31 Squadron RAAF 1943.

Beaufighter Mk IC of 236 Squadron RAF 1942.

Beaufighter Mk IC of 252 Squadron RAF 1942.

Beaufighter Mk IF of 25 Squadron RAF 1940.

Beaufighter Mk IF of 29 Squadron RAF 1940.

Beaufighter Mk IF of 604 Squadron RAF 1940.

Beaufighter Mk VI of 68 Squadron RAF 1942.

Beaufighter Mk VI of 272 Squadron RAF 1942.

Beaufighter Mk VIF of the Dominican Republic Air Force 1948.

Cool stuff mate.

Out of curiosity, have you done the Mosquito yet?

That is moving up to the top of my list now - there’s a lot of interest…

Yay! That’s one of my favorite planes.

I’ve seen a Mossie fuselage up close. In Auckland, at MOTAT. Tis both a sight to behold, and, curiously perhaps, a thing of beauty.

Clave, Beautiful images, as ever. My Profound thanks, my friend. :slight_smile:

Warm, Kind, and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Another three:

Beaufighter Mk VIF of the 415th Night Fighter Squadron USAAF 1944.

Beaufighter Mk X of the 404 Squadron RCAF 1944.

Beaufighter Mk X of the Israeli Defence Force 1948.

NB: This is speculative based on information found which suggests that the Israeli Beaufighters were not desert camo but brown/green with grey undersides. The DF loop I believe to be correct based on a pre-flight picture before they were secretly flown from Haddenham, Buckinghamshire, England to Israel in direct contravention of the arms embargo…

Thanx again Clave…EXCELLENT!

Clave, as regards the Israeli Beaufighters, everything I’ve seen over the years agrees that they were largely as your depiction shows.
Nothing I’ve seen written or illustrated suggests the Beaus were in any finish but European Camo.
Agreed on the D/F loop: Such descriptions as I’ve read mention it being present on at least 2 of the Israeli Beaus.

All in all, I see nothing to contradict the image you have displayed here, “speculative” label notwithstanding.

Fine and beautiful work as ever, my friend.

Warm and Kind Regards Clave, Uyraell.

Two beautiful engines follow closely by an aircraft :slight_smile:

As nightfighters , some early Beaus had an all-over sooty black finish, & in Australian Pacific theater service, they wore RAAF jungle green schemes.
Beaus were also among the [reverse lend-lease] British aircraft utilized by the Americans.