Best movie, or serial about ww2

give me as many answers as you can. thank you very much;)

Why did you choose just these three? :wink:

Combat!

Combat ! is very good.

But, i’d have to choose Band Of Brothers, good book by the way.

Wrong place for your question, moving this to Movies.

Das Boot

I chose Bob from the limited choice, not definitive though.

Letters from Iwo Jima

Downfall. (But it isn’t entirely war)

Well i know at least one the best WW2 film - the ukrainian “V boy idut odni stariki” Kievfilm. 1973. (Oldmens only going to the battle")

The brilliant lyrical drama with excellent soundtrecks. Later the songs from this film has bacome one of the popular song about ww2 theme.

And the best WW2 serial - “17 instants of spring”. The 12 serial bestseller about soviet resident in the RSHA in Berlin during the last days of war.
This film was so popular than the whole separate thread of soviet anecdotes (about Shtirliz) were rised up till the nowadays.

Unfortunatelly our western are not capable to understand what am i talking about :slight_smile:
But i’m sure the some of East European members could remember it good:)

Cheers.

Yes i am agree Boff
BTW nice avatar text about Churchill. :slight_smile:

Hey Chevan, what is that movie clip in your sig?

Also,

“The brilliant lyrical drama with excellent soundtrecks” are you saying that it’s a musical? With the actors singing and dancing? Or did you mean satirical or something? I’d love to see this movie; to see a Russian made movie about the Great Patriotic War would be a real interesting treat. Somehow I doubt Netflicks or Blockbuster has it though… Is there an English dubbed version?

band of brothers , its that good i can almost quote every part of the series

" Oh That Dog Just Aint Gonna Hunt "

" Hi Ho Silver "

see what i mean :smiley:

Hello scott.
No my clip is not from this films.
This is from the soviet film “Liberation”(1972)

Also,

“The brilliant lyrical drama with excellent soundtrecks” are you saying that it’s a musical? With the actors singing and dancing? Or did you mean satirical or something? I’d love to see this movie; to see a Russian made movie about the Great Patriotic War would be a real interesting treat. Somehow I doubt Netflicks or Blockbuster has it though… Is there an English dubbed version?

Well this film indeed contained the singing and dancing actors- but this is not musicl, comedy or satirical.
Just this film tells about the “musical” squadrom of Soviet pilots-fighters who were a amateur of the music and plays on evenings after the battles.
The main archivement of the director of film on my mind - he tells about this bloody war not from a patriotic/revenge views but from the point of simple human tragedy.This film tells about friends who were killed in front and about love that has no continie coz the girl (the pilot of biplan U-2) were shoted down by Messersmit.
The biautiful songs from this film as i said has bacome the one of the best songs about war in the USSR/Russia.
I/m not sure this film is avialable dubbed in English.You know this is very hard to translate the simular things right.( Just imagine to translate the W.Shakespeare is the not a same to translate the Terminator:))

band of brothers is one of the best, it shows real heroes,a common soldier:

Hmm It looks really interesting. I think I recognize that “Tiger” tank… it looks like the one that those British re-enactors own now. I’d love to see this film.

I speak a little Russian, but not much. Probably not enough to understand a movie, but music is one thing that’s never very hard to understand or translate if you know the context. I’ll try to find both these films.

By the way, since you live in Krasnodar, your home is among the noteworthy battlefields of the war. Is there much left of the war there near Krasnodar?

Scott

Indeed it was a ugly parody of Tiger on the chassis of T-44 scott :wink:

The T-44 and Pahther- just a little of veneer and you got the GErmans Tiger form the T-44;)
BTW may be you know the both Tigers from the “Saving private Rayn” was made form the old soviet T-44.:wink:

I speak a little Russian, but not much. Probably not enough to understand a movie, but music is one thing that’s never very hard to understand or translate if you know the context. I’ll try to find both these films.

Well i know where to order the original film but even could not emaginre does the English translation exists?

By the way, since you live in Krasnodar, your home is among the noteworthy battlefields of the war. Is there much left of the war there near Krasnodar?

Scott

I/m not from a Krasnodar but from a little city Tikhoretsk ( 150 km from Krasnodar).
My city was under the German occupation about one year from the summer of 1942 untill the october of 1943.
The most cruel battles was father south of my city - the Novorossiysk , NAVAL Black sea port.
Battle for Karasnodar was not as much importaint in the strategical sense therefore this city was leaved by the Red Army enough quikly.
In its sucsesfull summer ofeencive of 1942 Germans cuptured the whole Crimea and a big part of the Kuban. Their goal was to reach the oil fields of Baky and Kavkaz mountains. But they were stopped near the Tyapse and Grozny.
Later after he failure in the Stalingrad Germans was forced to retreat fro the Kavkaz.

how can i get a different rank like a german rank?

band od brothers is the greatest very good

yeah, i think band of brothers is probably the best, the combat in Saving Private Ryan was very realistic particularly the Omaha Beach scene, but band of brothers shows soldiers going from training to combat over the course of three years with saving private ryan you dont really get to know the soldiers very well.