Best Sniper Rifle

Heres another gun debate. Which sniper rifles where the best in WW2? :?: I know nothing about sniper rifles, but I am very Interested to know.

Anybody :?:

Nobody :?: Sad…

I looked around alot but didnt find anything good. A few pics here and there but nothing really informative. :frowning:

:? sometimes you can find so much on the internet, and sometimes you can find ****. I wonder if there are any books on the topic.

a scoped K98 or G43

Or check these:
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/9130sniper.htm

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl03-e.htm

or this:
http://www.snipercentral.com/m1903a4.htm

http://www.wwiirelics.com/weapons4.htm

And for Brits:
http://www.snipercentral.com/no4mk1t.htm

IMO, in “best sniper rifle” debate, we have to discuss more on the skills of the sniper than the gun itself.

Just give to a raw recruit a fine sniper rifle and give to an experienced sniper a regular rifle. Guess who’ll win the competition… :lol: :lol:

Anyway Mosin-Nagant rifle it seems to be as the best ww2 sniper rifle.

How about the Springfield? Used since WW1.

Mosin-Nagant rifle was one of very good bolt-action rifle for WWII, but wasn’t best. Mauser C-98 as well as his clone Springfield M1903 - seems like more reasonable winner of “Best bolt-action rifle of WWI/WWII”. One thing should be mattred - a lot of copies on C-98, lots of clones and lots of armys used this rifle. But who copied Mosin-Nagant or adopted this rifle as main army rifle, don’t mention Russia/USSR and ex-russian Finlandia ? Right ansver - no one.
Scoped bolt-action standard army rifle doesn’t meand “sniper rifle”, by the way. Few things does matter: quality of barrel, scope and cartrige. And, finally, ballistic of bullet.
From all bolt-actioner of WWII at my look best rifle was brittish Le Endfield Mk *, scoped or not scoped. It was really “hard dieng” rifle, with great firepower and realability.
Semi-auto rifles with all kinds of sight - best, offcourse, was M1 Garand, then SVT. Germans don’t got luck to make reliable semi-auto battle rifle, by the way they don’t got enough luck to make it till G36.

Mosin-Nagant rifle was one of very good bolt-action rifle for WWII, but wasn’t best. Mauser C-98 as well as his clone Springfield M1903 - seems like more reasonable winner of “Best bolt-action rifle of WWI/WWII”. One thing should be mattred - a lot of copies on C-98, lots of clones and lots of armys used this rifle. But who copied Mosin-Nagant or adopted this rifle as main army rifle, don’t mention Russia/USSR and ex-russian Finlandia ? Right ansver - no one.
Scoped bolt-action standard army rifle doesn’t meand “sniper rifle”, by the way. Few things does matter: quality of barrel, scope and cartrige. And, finally, ballistic of bullet.
From all bolt-actioner of WWII at my look best rifle was brittish Le Endfield Mk *, scoped or not scoped. It was really “hard dieng” rifle, with great firepower and realability.
Semi-auto rifles with all kinds of sight - best, offcourse, was M1 Garand, then SVT. Germans don’t got luck to make reliable semi-auto battle rifle, by the way they don’t got enough luck to make it till G36.[/quote]

Ya the British one seems to the best, and most well built, but I think that debating about sniper rifles, if you have a decent sniper rifle (and all the sniper rifles mentioned are decent) then the main skill is with the snipers ability. Anyone one of these sniper rifles can take down any other.

Yes, sir :!:
No one of available sniper’s rifle can’t make sniper’s duty without sniper.

By the way, IMHO, Americans were best shooters in WWII, by one reason - in USA everyone can buy rifle and got some sooter’s sKill independing of army’s traning. So, at start of war a lot of men in US Army was expirienced as sharpshooters in hunting or sporting matter.
And i will bet on hunter or sportshooter in battle against man, who took in hands rifle first time only in army few months later.

Mosin is the best gun!

Yes, sir :!:
No one of available sniper’s rifle can’t make sniper’s duty without sniper.

By the way, IMHO, Americans were best shooters in WWII, by one reason - in USA everyone can buy rifle and got some sooter’s sKill independing of army’s traning. So, at start of war a lot of men in US Army was expirienced as sharpshooters in hunting or sporting matter.
And i will bet on hunter or sportshooter in battle against man, who took in hands rifle first time only in army few months later.[/quote]

How do you know that? :?:

It’s was easy to see during my time, spended in USSR army - usually hunters somewhere from deep ass of Siberia was a best army shoters, also as sporting shooters too. And in case of war - hunters and sportshooters usually easy become a snipers, much easy than somebody, who never shoot from something louder than BB gun.

And about USA - i just guess. I was in USA only once and this visit gived to me my most interesting shooters expirience - my frends there are shooters too, got a lot of varios rifles and autorifles, from Remington 70 (i sure best of bolt action rifles) to FN FAL or AR-15. Most of them are hunters. And more than half of my USA frends never was in US Army, but they great sharpshooters.

I just trieng to say - if contry’s laws doing all possible against guns in civilians use - it will make in case of war a lot of problems with civilians, who will go to battle with minimal shooter’s expirience.
Offcourse if your country don’t use “people’s wave” battle tactic or dont think: “20 men with AK is better, than one trained sniper.”

Gewerh 43,Mosin Nagant,Mauser are good all!,but i think Kar98 is the best.[/list]

I forget american springfield!,it was very good!.

You don’t ! :stuck_out_tongue:
Sprinfield M1903 - just clon of Mauser C-98.

When Sprinfield Armory Co. starting produce this bolt-actioner in large quantity for US Army, Mauser Waffen Werke started great patent scandal. After all, Sprinfield Armory payed a lot of money to Mauser as penalty and bought license from Mauser.
Yes, brothers, Mauser get money for each M1903…

Strange story, but fact.

wow! :shock: ,I don`t know that! :slight_smile: ,thanks for your remind :wink: