Bishops Finger

Now, anyone reading this thread on account of its title is very naughty! :slight_smile:

I changed from Spitfire Ale -The Bottle of Britain - today because the Bishops Finger - Kentish Strong Ale - is darker and one hoped that meant stronger!

I actually thought of Tankgeezer when in the store, as there was an Ale there named ‘Haggis Hunter’. I was tempted to try it and, perhaps, recommend it to him, but then I had second thoughts as he already has problems knowing where to wear his sporon, without strong ale adding to his problems.

I also wondered if it was better tasting than holy water, given the name - it is!

As those that are reasonably familiar with me will know, I like to moralise about things - always have - and seeing this label, and considering some of the banter with RS, it brought to mind my first knowledge of a Catholic girl. She had one of those nice Irish names like Sian or something, I don’t quite, honestly remember, other than it was a nice sounding name.

Anyway (don’t worry, this isn’t going to become sexually graphic), as I was saying, I hadn’t, knowingly, been with a Catholic girl before and so I asked her how she would deal with the guilt of committing a sin.
“Ahh, that’s okay…” she says “I’ll go to confession on Saturday and receive communion on Sunday, and all will be okay!”

Me, blustering and flabergasted “But, but, what if you get struck down before Saturday?”

“That’s okay!” says she “I’ll make an ‘Act of Contrition’ afterwards and throw in a few ‘Hail Mary’s’ - it’ll just mean a little longer in Purgatory!”

Bloody hell! (I thought) I never imagined Catholic girls could be so slack.

“Shall I use as a ‘Johnny’ (condom)?” I asked.

“Good Lord, no!..That would be a mortal sin!”

Unbelievable!

My daughter was raised a Baptist and was kept well away from those Catholic girls. :wink:

Has anyone had similar experiences which they would be willing to share? :slight_smile:

hahah no experiences with catholic girls, lol… but my best friend is a jahova’s witness, born and raised many years I guess. she no longer follows it though and has many piercings in ever place imaginable, blue or pink hair (depending on her mood) and tons of tattoos including a ball gagged toddler girl and some used bloddy tampons that say Bitch. LOL… It’s rather interesting when she informs people that she’s a jahova’s witness. LOL… they are usually not even sure what to say.

“I already have the latest issue of Watchtower!” ??? :slight_smile:

One of my daughter’s school friends was J.W. A beautiful young lady. By the time she reached seventeen she was becoming very screwed up with it all and there was some concern on the part of my daughter and her friends as to whether she might run away from home or self-harm. Anyway, with the support of her friends she pulled through, did extremely well academically, and escaped to Uni where she is now, in her final year. She’s really got herself together. I believe the two factors for pulling herself through were: her firends, and the school, it being non-denomination. Let’s make it three - she herself had no little part to play in getting herself through her problems.