Blenheim

Another ‘Big Project’ item:

The Bristol Blenheim was conceived as a high speed passenger aircraft, but became a light bomber and entered service with the RAF in 1937. It was very successful and several countries bought and operated it.

By the start of WW2 it was considered obeselete, but lacking a replacement, many squadrons continued to fly the Blenheim, and heavy losses were suffered, especially in the Battle of Britain.

The Blenheim was converted into a fighter, night fighter and ground attack aircraft. It was armed with 2 x 7.7mm machine guns, and could also carry 1200lb of bombs.

Blenheim Mk 1 of the Finnish Air Force, 1944.

Blenheim Mk 1 of 32 Mira Hellenic Air Force, 1941.

Blenheim Mk 1 of 21 Squadron RAF, 1939.

Blenheim Mk 1 of the Romanian Air Force, 1941.

Blenheim Mk 1 of the Turkish Air Force, 1938.

Blenheim Mk 1F of 29 Squadron RAF, 1939. The Mark 1F carried no bombs but had an additional 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in a belly pack.

Nice as well. Have you thought about doing heavy bombers like the Lancaster?(If you haven’t already, I might have forgotten if you have)

Yep, the Lanc was the first on my list, but lacking any good reference drawings, the project got shelved… :frowning:

Aw…

Update:

Blenheim Mk 1 of 61 Squadron RAF, 1938.

Blenheim Mk 1 of 84 Squadron RAF, 1941.

Blenheim Mk 1 of 108 Squadron RAF, 1938.

Blenheim Mk 1 of the Yugoslav Air Force, circa 1941.

Blenheim Mk 1F of 30 Squadron RAF, 1941. The Mark 1F carried no bombs but had an additional 4 x 7.7mm machine guns in a belly pack.

Keep them coming…

Looking at your profiles I just realized that the dorsal turret had a Vickers K, and not a Browning…