Blitzkrieg (PC)

Has anyone played or ever heard of Blitzkrieg?

http://gamespot.com/pc/strategy/blitzkrieg/index.html

I personally think its one of the best WWII strategy games available, having the power to choose Germans, Russians and Americans and play their respective campaigns with tanks, artillery, infantry and the airforce. Each unit has different type of commands (similar to Age of Empires), which makes it realistic.

This is my current status in the German Campaign (In in the Eastern Front) :

Yes, it is very interesting game. Blitz. RT-BH isn’t too shabby either.

If you need any help, just ask. I’ve beaten the game many times over. :wink:

Cheers mate. I’ll keep that in mind.
Have you played Blitzkrieg 2 by any chance? I was thinking of buying until I found out it is not compatible with Windows Vista.

I gave it a try before some years it seemed quite nice but also quite hard game to play , much more than the original blitzkrieg .

I agree. I played Blitz 2 once and didn’t like the complicated controls, so I went back to Blitz 1.

I was thinking on buying Blitkrieg2. I haven’t plays neither one of the games. Would you reccomend me to start with part 1 first?

Start and play Blitz 1 is my opinion , blitz2 is so complicated that i doubt you will ever like it . :army:

True, very true.

Also, while you’re at it, get Rolling Thunder and Burning Horizon. It’s an extension that gives you Patton’s army, and Burning Horizon gives you control of Rommel’s forces. When I bought Blitz 1, they came with it. It might be different for you though.

Hello! I’m a graduate student at the University of Oklahoma, and our I/O psychology department is considering using Blitzkrieg for an army research project involving planning in military settings. I have a couple of general questions about the game I was wondering if you could answer:

What level of command do players hold?

How does the scoring system work?

Thanks very much for your time!

What do you mean for command? You control all the units of your country, unless the game directs otherwise.

I don’t really understand that myself, but the more bonus objectives you do, with the least number of casualties on your side, the better.

Thanks for responding!

Does the game give you any sort of rank title?

Hmm, gotcha. So do you get points most often by completing regular objectives?

Thanks again!

Yeah, as you progress you advance from Corporal(I think) to I want to say general, but I’m not sure… ← Not really helpful…

Yeah, but you earn more points the fewer your casualties.

No, that’s very helpful. Thank you!

Do you mind if I pick your brain about some other games? I haven’t gotten much of a response on their boards. Are you familiar with any of these?

Sudden Strike
Commandos 2: Men of Courage
Sudden Strike: Forever
Real War: Rogue States
Sudden Strike 2
Korea: Forgotten Conflict
Squad Assault: West Front
World War 2: Frontline Command

Thanks again for your time!

I can’t help you with any of those, sorry…

That’s quite alright! Thank you very much for your help with Blitzkrieg.

No problem mate, glad I could help.