Book Forum

For WW2 books of course. Being that there are countless books on the subject I think a forum to discuss certain ones, recommend, or ask for help on choosing one would be dandy. :smiley:

It is the best book which I ever read!!!

http://ambaby.com.ru/good_1574882864/The-Forgotten-Soldier.html

Good post Cactus…had been meaning to do it myself but slipped my mind. If youve never read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer…its a must read.

I think it will be good for the admin to create a new forum topic which is dedicated to WW2 books, videos, web pages, and other ways to get more info. If it is not so hard for the admin.

I agree. I think as the site grows its going to need some more organization.

If the admin would like, I could be a moderato, I have lots of spare time.

Good point. What exactly is there to do in South Africa!?!?

Just kidding :wink:

Just kidding :wink:[/quote]

HAHA! Actually Im living in Japan. :smiley:

Just kidding :wink:[/quote]

HAHA! Actually Im living in Japan. :D[/quote]

Hey since your in Japan see if you can dig up any good info on the Arisaka rifles. My dad happens to have one that my grandpa got in the war. Dont know much about them at all.

Just because im in Japan doesnt mean I can get information on the Japanese in WW2. It also doesnt mean i can speak Japanese. :slight_smile:

Well im sure there are some people over there that do. But i was just saying if you happen on someone that knows alot about Japanese WW2 rifles see if he knows anything about the Arisaka rifles. No big deal if you dont. Thanks

Also i just got a new book that is pretty handy. Has a brief description of all the battles from 1479BC to 1984. Here is the link if you are interested

http://store.yahoo.net/doverpublications/0486249131.html

Bit cheap for all that history?

Bit cheap for all that history?[/quote]

Yea was a good buy i thought.

Another topic that has been moved to keep things clear.

I reccomend:

Turning the Tide: Decisive Battles of the Second World War

By Nigel Cawthorne

This book is pretty cheap considering the information. Nigel Cawthorne discribes the most decisive battles with a far bit of detail. From N Africa to Europe, Pacific, and the Russian front. Its a good book to get all of what happened in WW2, and the basic facts. I reccomend this book for people a summary of what happened.

are you living in japan??? or in south africa???

Thats a really good book :smiley: