Books from Schiffer Publication

Does anyone of you have one or more of the following books from Schiffer publication ? :
Schorched Earth, by Paul Carrel
Operation Barbarossa in Photographs, by Paul Carrel
German Battle Tactics on the Russian Front, by Steven Newton
Retreat from Leningrad, by Steven Newton
Assault on Moscow 1941, by Werner Haupt
Ostfront 1944, by Alex Buchner
Hitler’s Last Bastion, by Franz Kurowski

If so, then please, please let me know. Please. :smiley:

Why I have the feeling that you dont want to pay for those ? :smiley:

you mean Paul Carell, right?

I have “Schorched Earth” by Paul Carell, but by different publisher and not in english.

And I’m planning to buy “Operation Barbarossa in Photographs : War in Russia as Photographed by the Soldiers” in the distant future.

_

And how can I get them without paying ?:confused:

@alephh :

Hi !
so…I have several questions for you :

1. Does the book Operation Zitadelle and Operation Bagration ?
  2. Which are the starting/ending dates of the book ? e.g. : 5 July 1943 - 22 June 1944
  3. Are there any pictures from the battles ?
  4. Any maps too ?
  5. Is it fully detailed when talking about divisions, regiments, corps, battalions, … ?
  6. What does it describe ? Is it structured in chapters that describe several battles from that period or the timeline ?
  7. Did you enjoy it ?

Book is about: Post Stalingrad situation, Kursk, Post-Kursk, Bagration… And north-sector during that time.

From unsuccessfull soviet attempts after Stalingrad (early 1942) to June/July 1944.

Something like 80 photos in 40 pages, couple of those are colour photos.

40+ small mostly local maps/drawings/whatever you call them.

What do you mean by “fully detailed”? It’s a book about battles, not book about units/formations. Units are mentioned when they are significant to the story/situation.

I do like his books, this one is easily in the top 25% of WWII related books.

It explains the bigger picture, and then zooms in the large battle, and then into a smaller battles inside that large battle, and details couple of individual level experiences. Somebody might say it’s a pro-german book, but aren’t most books in the west.

_