Brazilians in Italy

My sister, from the U.S., works for the Dept. of Defence at Aviano Air Force Base in Aviano Italy. Her husband, a naturalized citizen from Brazil, works there too. A film scout came to thier house to ask permission to use thier house in a movie. (COOL!)
The movie, apparently, is a true story about Brazilian soldiers helping American soldiers escape from a German prison camp. Has anyone heard or know anything about this? I would love to share facts with them about this when I come to visit. :army:

I’m brazilian guy! Well, surely our participation in the war wasn’t as big a yours but we’ve shattered the germans in Italy. My greatgrandfather fought, first as a volunteer in american forces from tunisia to sicily, then as a member of our army in Italy. From the 30,000 men we’ve sent there, we’ve lost less then 1,000, so I say we were very efficient in the war. None of our pilots did shot down an enemy aircraft (at least not as part of Brazilian Air Force!) but our boys did destroy 20 in the ground, 13 locomotives (92 extremely danified), 1,304 motorized transporsts (600 damaged), 250 armoured trains eliminated (835 damaged), 15 armoured vehicles & tanks confirmed destroyed (many more unconfirmed, 20 damaged), a total of 437 bridges with railways, more than 200 enemy occupied buildings, one camp, 4 german HQ’s, 100 artillery positions, 10 factories, 7 eletric power plant, 31 ammo & fuel depots destroyed (15 damaged), 5 oil refinaries, more than 20 ships sunk.

You may say “ok, quite nice, but our air force destroyed much more” yeah, but you had a much bigger air force with more fonts to fight, and despite having flied 5% of the allied air force in Italy’s missions, destroyed more than 50% of the targets of the allies in Italy!

What tools did the Brazilian army use in the campaign? I know that the Brazillians would have had Italian and German equipment purchased decades before, and then would have been kitted out by the States, but info on what equipment was actually used is scant :frowning: