British Navy largest WW1

Heres a little bit of proof to back me up on saying Britains navy was 10 times the size of Germans navy in WW1.Its only a little bit and its half way down the page. cheers.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk

Who said it wasn’t?

You were babbling on about the army. Wrong forum!

I said that the British navy is larger then the German Navy WW1 ,but i wanted to get the proof out there before you guys attack me.Thats all.:slight_smile:

Just FYI, it’s ALWAYS the Royal Navy, not the British Navy. There are other Royal Navies (Royal Australian Navy, Royal Netherlands Navy, etc.) but only one Royal Navy - simply because the RN was always so much more powerful than any of the others.

Yes you right, they all under britain. Makes Britains Royal Navy larger than Germany. I said that in one of my post, than i had to get proof so i wont get myself into trouble.:cool:

Sorry - wasn’t clear - what I was saying is that there is no such thing as the British Navy, it is ALWAYS known as the Royal Navy.

Oh i know what youre talking about know. Royal navy-plus all the commenwealth countires like aussie royal navy,new zealand royal navy,
ok i got you now.:wink:

Speaking about the ROYAL NAVY…talk about mothballing…

Exclusive: Cash strapped Navy cuts destroyer fleet
The Royal Navy has mothballed almost half of its remaining fleet of destroyers as it desperately attempts to save money in the face of a plunging budget.

By Thomas Harding, Defence Correspondent
Last Updated: 12:56AM BST 04 Oct 2008

HMS Southampton: Pressures on the Navy’s budget are immense with cuts of 20 per cent predicted in the next decade Photo: PA
The Fleet now has just five air defence warships left to protect vessels missile or aircraft attack at a time when other nations such as China, India and Iran are investing heavily in anti-ship warfare.
Three Type 42 destroyers – Exeter, Nottingham and Southampton – have been “parked up” in Portsmouth at “reduced readiness” up to two years before they were due to be decommissioned.
Falklands War veterans are particularly angry after Exeter, the last serving operational ship from the campaign in which it shot down several Argentine fighters, was refused permission to fly a paying-off pennant when it entered harbour after its last mission.
Britain’s force of destroyers and frigates has now been reduced from 35 to 22 in the last decade despite government promises it would not slip below 25.
It will be another two years before the first of six of the highly sophisticated Type 45 destroyers can be deployed on operations leaving a “gaping hole” in defences.
Pressures on the Navy’s budget are immense with cuts of 20 per cent predicted in the next decade reducing the ship building budget to by £4 billion to £14 billion.
Senior Navy commanders have told The Daily Telegraph that the nation is taking “serious risks” in protecting carrier groups or amphibious flotillas and have accused the Government of neglecting the Fleet that protects the 90 per cent of Britain’s imported trade.
It has already ditched the excellent air protection offered by Sea Harriers which were disbanded two years ago and at least two Type 42s have gone on operations with their advanced Sea Dart air defence missiles disabled to save cash.
Liam Fox, the shadow defence secretary, said the Government was attempting to “castrate the Navy” by tying up ships in dock.
“This is an unacceptable price to pay for the Government’s failure to plan properly at a time when we facing increasing demands to intercept drugs, arms, people smuggling, pirates as well as conduct operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.”

Hey Herman 2- I was talking about royal navy 1914. Yes its smaller in todays standards.

OH YA, YOU WERE,sorry, I got caught up in the thick of things…here is some info I found out though about ww1 Royal Navy ships…Did you know that the M33, a monitor ship which saw service in Gallipolli, is the only British World War 1 ship still remaining in England, and one of only 2 that survived.!!Yes its true.

Romanes Eunt Domus

No i didt herman 2, Good information.Had no idea