Browning M1919A2 Question

Just asking, Was the M1919A2 ‘Cavalry’ variant ever used in WW2/After?

Just asking becouse it is shorter making it easier to carry around. Myself i think it would have suited to Infantry units, Especially Paratroops and Marines.

I think someone is having a laugh with you Cutaway, they are very badly photoshopped pictures.
The M1919A2 doesn’t look like that.

Even that you have the wrong pictures. I have seem it in the Korean War. Maybe you should of researched pictures the pictures a little bit :). That was a very good question Cutaway.

Not for nothing but Germansoldier you need to do some research yourself before giving out false information and agreeing with everyone every time and trying to bump your post count up . and no Cuts its not a bad photo shop photo its the real thing .

The 1919A2 was developed to address the need for a lightened 1917 for use with the cavalry. Because of its compact size, it also saw extensive service in tanks. It was essentially an air-cooled 1917 with a redesigned rear sight, which also had a lower profile as it did not need to sight over the larger water jacket.

Oh GermanSoldier this is not from the Korean War either please do your research. The gun was designed in the 1920’s at the request of the US Calvary.

A pack horse carrying a 1919A2 with it’s Mark 1 Emergency Tripod.

the 1919A2 as used in armored vehicle. Source: Weapons Mounts for Secondary Armament, by Noville

Here Germansoldier please buy this book so that you can be our resident expert on MG’s and you can be the all knowing member of WWII in color
http://www.bmgparts.com/manual.html

Very true Gutkowski, here’s a pic of one made more recently:

i think it was used during the korean war but not during vietnam . in some armed forces is still active example greek armed forces

No it wasn’t, read the post by Gutowski above.