Bush robbed in Argentina.

Argentine pick-pockets defeated the secret service :shock:

First Daughter Barbara Robbed in Argentina
November 21, 2006 3:14 PM
From Our Sources:
First Daughter Barbara Bush had her purse and cell phone stolen as she had dinner in a restaurant in Buenos Aires, Argentina, even though she was being guarded by a detail of Secret Service agents, according to law enforcement reports made available to ABC News.
It was not the only mishap on the two-week trip to Argentina by Barbara (right) and her twin sister Jenna (left).
A Secret Service agent on the advance detail got into an “altercation” with someone after a night out and was badly beaten, according to the law enforcement reports. The Secret Service said today the incident was an attempted mugging that occurred while the agent was on his own time. The agent is doing fine.
The purse snatching took place on Barbara’s first night in town while she was dining in the picturesque San Telmo neighborhood. According to the reports, the Secret Service agents failed to notice the incident.
The Secret Service would not comment on the purse snatching, and the First Lady’s office said they would not comment on any personal trip made by the daughters. There have been recent reports, however, that Jenna Bush has been living and working in Panama as an intern for UNICEF.

So…watch your purse/wallet specially if are strolling in B.A ( not my favorite city)

Dont think I would want to be a agent on that detail when the report got back to Washington.

Since they stole her cell phone, thieves can now call mr Bush - what would you say to him? ;-D

Ya know that would be interesting…coz the White can trace just about any call that comes in. So they could at least have a general location on the person that has it. I wonder if Argentina would do anything. Coz it would be a common courtesy to investigate the matter. Even if the roles were reversed.

Whilst the Whitehouse probably does have good tracing facilities they are only going to be of any use for land lines.

To trace the location of the mobile phone to anything other than a country/network, the mobile phone company would have to be approached. Providing it had adequate records the mast (and thus approx area) that the mobile was camped on to at the time of the call could be identified. Some systems (esp old ones) would not be able to show the history and only the current location. Which could be of use, or perhaps not if the phone was on the back of a truck.

If the mast was in a city where there was a high density of users the area would be small, in a low density of users the area could be quite large. This is because the masts power down to cover smaller geographical areas, thus cutting off users around the periphery, if they are overloaded. Surrounding masts that have not reached capacity will power up to take over the area and the other users, so unless the Transmit power is also recorded it could be a wide area.

Given that the phone was stolen in Argentina, I am pretty sure a call in a rural area would be safe. Esp if you lobbed the phone on completion of the call.

But I wouldn’t want to be on THAT detail. I bet someone is screaming and shouting at the moment.

I wonder if Argentina would do anything. Coz it would be a common courtesy to investigate the matter

The whole thing is under investigation , I am not sure about the results.

1000Y…you in here ? I was almost missing you :slight_smile:

While this is a very well thought out statement…and i do have some experience in the telecom industry…I think they would have thought about something like this ahead of time. She is the daughter on one of the most controversial leader’s in the world. So would led one to think about beefing up security as much as possible in the case of a kiddnapping or something. On the otherhand Ya think they would have caught this one. So maybe im wrong.

Anyhow nice seeing ya around again!

Thanking you Gen Sandworm & Panzerknacker. Always good to be home and in the warm and dry.

This last the girls relaxed after that bad day attending to a football game.

The shirts belongs to the Boca Juniors team.