camp 30

i read a book about a camp in bowmanville,ontario it was called camp 30 it had some of the higheat ranking germans there like Otto Kretschmer a famous uboat commander who sunk 46 ships.

This sounds interesting. How did the allies treat the highest ranking germans?
Cheers.

they treated them with respect.they got some of the best food.and they got to play sports.

…and got wires up their butts!:shock:

thats funny flamethrowerguy

I read a book once.

Hey there ww2freak…tell me more about camp30 and by the way where about in canada are u from…Im from Toronto myself…Glad to meet you!:wink:

there was a pow camp outside of bowmanville,ontario its by toronto.it had some off the highest ranking germans.im from winnipeg.

ww11freak34

…and got wires up their butts!

Do you mean torture?
If so, please expand on the above statement…

Paul

they didnt get tortured canada was nice to there prisoners. the germans and japanese tortured there prisoners. the prisoners got some of the best food during the war. they didnt get wires up there butts. they did try to esscape but they failed.they were caught by lake ontario.they were going to take a u-boat back to germany.

Sorry ww11freak34

I should have been directing my above question to Flamethrowerguy…

‘So’ Flamethrowerguy, please expand on your comment.

doesnt matter

Oh, I am terribly sorry for failing in using some english slang. What I liked to say is that -especially in POW camps reserved for high-ranking german officers- “wires” (hidden microphones) were potentially installed all over the place. This was definitely the case in the special POW camp of Trent Park/England where from 1942-1945 plentiful of very interesting conversations between german colonels/generals have been wiretapped.

i think the leader of the camp was a colonel. the germans were treated like royalty.the canadians in bowmanville ate not good food because most of the food was send to help support the army

Is that for real? Did that really happen?Or you just being funnie. cheers

its true

its funny what flamethrowerguy put

Whats true, the wire up the butt?

its just a joke they got treated well

Flamethrowerguy

This Forum would benefit from posts that can be understood by all who use it.
I have a fluency in Cockney & Backslang, I wouldn’t dream of using it in polite conversation.

Wouldn’t it have been better to have posted: …They Bugged their rooms! Then perhaps you wouldn’t have an “ignorant Englishman” thinking you meant torture.

Paul