Can anyone help me with this photo...?

Hi, I’m new here! I live in the UK and although my grandad fought for the British in WW2, I’ve had a fascination with the German side of the war ever since I found a picture of a German soldier in a collection of old photographs. No-one in my family could identify who he was, so it all remains a mystery, apart from “SS-Unterscharfuhrer” being written on the back. He has got the nickname “Uncle Klaus” by the family for some reason… :confused:

I do not have the original photo at the moment, it’s with my family, but a strange thing happened. A friend of mine told me she saw the same photo of the soldier on a website! I didn’t believe her until she sent me the link! So it looks like there is more than one copy of the picture of “Uncle Klaus” out there! If anyone could give me any info about the pic or if anyone could identify the soldier, I would be more than grateful! It’s all a bit confusing and strange!

Link to photo http://www.usmbooks.com/images/PORTRAITS/photoSS17.jpg

Was unable to get to the link weisengel! Maybe you should repost it?

Your link didn’t work.

Don’t you just hate it when people start a thread like this and never show up again…I do.

Yes, but when the OP hasn’t had an answer for three months or so he can be forgiven for deciding he wasn’t going to get one.

Perhaps he would have more luck with an answer if he’d revisited the thread and given us a link we could follow!

True, but it still would have taken him close to three months to receive the first reply to his request, which told him his link was broken. Most people won’t persist with three months of nothing.

Well, he did not log in since having started the thread, at least we can say that for sure…

Maybe he’s not too interested. Myself, I find it a bit daunting to find a specific thread here, the site is so big :slight_smile: .

Well, then, **** him!