Capturing a Village ... ?:-(

How can a village be captured ? By surrounding it, by gaining control over the strategic points around it or simply by storming it ?

Mmm … I need this information for a diorama representing the battle of Mesnil-Adelée (7 August 1944; the farest point of the German 2nd Panzer Division’s advance during the counterattack in the Mortain area - Operation Luttich). And I am a bit confused : I read that the Germans captured the village. But what does this mean ? How would it be correct ? By making a diorama representing the sourroundings of the village or the village’s ruined streets ?

Btw, if any of you have more information about the German 2nd Panzer Division’s activity during the counterattack in the Mortain area, 7 August 1944, please let me know and help me .

Normally it`s done by clearing every building street by street … it depends mainly how strong the defending force is
the golden rule in this situation is infantery first

As it looks like nobody else is going to help galex out, here’s a good start for a diorama. Scroll down the page a bit and it’s all laid out for you.
http://www.fireandfury.com/conventions/misc.php