China's Revolution

Do you people think if China wasnt going through the revolution, and were involved in ww2, that they would have made a great impact on the war in the Pacific? or just another fly on the Japan’s back

Im sorry mate, you need to do more resaearch into China in WW2. They provided a significant force against Japan.

Please even google Sino Japanese war. WW2 in China etc.

The vast majority of the Japanese Army fought China.

Hopefully you will gain the information. If not go to the ww2 db or even ask our member Temujin. He is vastly experienced in this matter.

I’m honored that my named turned up here :slight_smile: The Sino-Japanese War is an interest of mine, but unfortunately I’m a bit more knowledgeable on the Pacific War than the Sino-Japanese War… but I’m doing my most to remedy this :slight_smile:

In any case… Firefly is correct in that China was more than a fly in the back of the Japanese expansion plan. In fact, many argue that China’s ability to completely grind the Japanese army advance to a halt was in itself a great victory in that theater. However, though, Minimalistix is absolutely correct when he made the notion that the tumultuous times China had been going through made a significant impact. The young republic was ruled more by local warlords than an actual democracy. The recent rise of the Chinese Communist Party did not help the Chinese war effort either. It’s hard for me to really briefly explain the whole Sino-Japanese War in a single post, but if we could take the Battle of Shanghai for example: http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=85. In this battle even though the Chinese lost a stunning 250,000 soldiers, they also killed 40,000 Japanese soldiers during the invasion into China’s great port city. Even though on the books it was a major tactical victory for the Japanese, it actually was one of the major events in the Sino-Japanese War that slowed the Japanese momentum on continental Asia.

Beyond the Sino-Japanese War, you also have to look at the conflicts on continental Asia over all. It was precisely the inability to conquer Siberia and China that allowed the Japanese Navy to gain political approval to start the Pacific War. The admirals argued that since the Army was unable to give Japan the territory it promised, then the focus of military funding should be given to the Navy to expand into the South Pacific. This, of course, led to the Pacific War. So in that sense, the resilience of both Russian troops and Chinese troops shaped the subsequent events of WW2 as well.

I know this post had been very general, but we’re also really talking about a very large theater that western education don’t typically venture upon :slight_smile:

Im sorry mate, you need to do more resaearch into China in WW2. They provided a significant force against Japan.

Please even google Sino Japanese war. WW2 in China etc.

The vast majority of the Japanese Army fought China.

Hopefully you will gain the information. If not go to the ww2 db or even ask our member Temujin. He is vastly experienced in this matter.[/quote]

oh i didnt know, because as far as i knew, majority of the war the Chinese were mostly fighting among themselves instead of the Japanese, and only a few times they united to fight the Japanese a few times but were mostly fighting among themselves

only form knowledge i knew and reason i havnt googled search it is because how reliable is internet information, alot of it can very easily be biased and propaganda

well temujin thats why i asked the question, because i wanted to learn about it, can you please tell me more about this situation