Cleaning the historyroom

Well i call it like that - it is the stockroom under the roof at my parents house where they store all the old things in - and i got the wonderful task in my hollydays, when i came home, to clean it :rolleyes:
PS: Yes it was fun to stick that nametag everywhere, but i dont want the pics stolen by some websites without permission - and NO i don’t sell any of these items! Family stuff :wink:

Some medals i found.

1. On the back of the red cross medal is written: Deschler & Sohn München-9.
  2. A Eisernes Kreuz with the markings on the Eichenlaubside: FW 1813 On the other side is written: W 1914
  3. Then a tiny pic i found - it shows a young RAD Worker with a Showel (i dont know if he beongs to the family, but he looks a bit like i look like)
  4. König Ludwig II. von Bayern Memory Medal - i dont know how old it is.
  5. I got that as present from my grandmother (fathers side) - she said, that her mother got that from a General - what do the colours mean?

Backside Photograph:

What does that mean? RBD Nürnberg? My mother said, that her mother worked at the train service during the war - but the eagle looks like one used by the SS … scale is in cm!

This is definitif not a family members card! It is the Deutsche Arbeitsfronts Members Passport, in a leather etui, used by a guy called Zropf Gerhard (His name is written with white inc on the front), who lived in the East of Germany (Look at the Einheitsgewerkschafts Identification Card from the 30.8.1945)

That is a pocket for patrones - i think it is the old model used in WW1?

Belt Bucked - the Swastika was deleted - Gott mit uns = God with us

But you can still see it inside:

Now some after war stuff.
This is a very old helmet used by the Bundeswehr in their early times - from this angle it looks like a Fallschirmjäger Helmet ^^

And inside is a description - P.K. Bubi - i dont know if this is a name, but my grandfather (mothers side) used to have “Wellensittiche” (small colourful birds) and called them Bubi - perhaps it was his nickname?

Yes, trust your eyes - the famous Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss Barret - the love of working with armored forces must be somewhere is the genes of the family ^^
On the left is a goose feather.

I dont know what this pocked was used for - i found it really good covered somewhere in a dark corner. Some sort of Brotbeutel?

lol - i love these things - guess what it is - well you know for what it is used for ^^

The drink bottle can be removed from the case to eat out of it.

Next time please downsize your pictures to 800x600, first, it takes ages to load them, second, it is very hard to look at them if they are bigger than the screen.

BTW, your relative was a locksmith / general mechanic (Schlosser) and was a member of the Deutsche Arbeitsfront, the Nazi trade union (in 1933 the Nazis broke up all (leftwing) trade unions and introduced their own, which introduced the “Fuehrer Prinzip” in the factories. Essentially the owner was the OC and everybody had to obey him. This way (and with armament contracts) the Nazi party paid back their debts to the sponsors from big business, who helperd Hitler to come to power.

The berett is postwar Bundeswehr issue. The small metal container looks like the one for the rifle cleaning kit.
Up to the introduction of the Kevlar helmet, the bundeswehr used effectively the American M1 helmet with the innards of the German WW2 helmet.

Jan

Yes i am sorry, that the pictures are a bit big.

And no - i wrote that - the identification card does not belong to any ancient family member. Neither my fathers family or my mothers were married with any family member called Zropf - i don’t know where hat comes from.

Is this really a rifle cleaning set? - thought this is a mess can?

And what you said about the helmet is right - a mixture of German WW2 interiour and WW2 American Steel.

Danke für die Auflistung :wink:

-> RBD anyone?? :slight_smile:

Reichsbahndirektion??? Just guessing it might be transportation related.

Yes, you are correct.

Jan