CLOSE COMBAT SERIES

Here’s a topic about the best tactical level game EVER!
Which is your favourite?
mine is cc2… or cc5 with some mod… or eaven cc3 with real red installed… really can’t say

Well Coach mate i voted for CC2, i reckon thats the best. :slight_smile:

I have played all but 1 and have been happy with them all. 2 was very good and took a long time to complete. 3 was good but very short and I would have liked more early battles. 4 had the new system and I liked the wider/tactical moves. 5 has my vote because I enjoyed the gold, juno and sword mod. I have yet to find a similar game that has captivated me for so long. The only one that comes close if Dawn of War.

:smiley: now the new mod is out for cc5: stalingrad! cool mod!

Can you give me a link please and simple instruction on how to install it.

Have you tried this? I swear Ive never played a game so much. I enjoyed Dawn of War, but no matter what I get, I always keep coming back to the CM games. The CMAK one has tons of ETO Mods and scenarios to play as well:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.htm

here is link:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/index.php

download maps and plugin, and also plugin manager with which you instal new mods.
Also you need patch 5.01 for close combat 5

Thank very much. :smiley:

I have been down loading all the mods for 2,3,4 and 5.

Although the Stalingrade mod runs but crashes after 5 minutes. :cry:

open dxdiag.exe
disable direct draw acceleration before playing

Anyone willing to play CC5?
With some mods installed of course :wink:

I like CC III but it needed Marines. Plus there is this bug where you’ll be playing the Barrikady map of Stalingrad and the Germans roll in there with an entire Panzer company that often includes at least one TIGER(WTF?). Thus you can’t have an authentic Stalingrad experience. I wish the movement of soldiers was a little more intelligent as well, they tend to get confused when trying to navigate from room to room.

IMHO CC2 is the best from the line. Only drawbacks no air or artillery bombing and some maps where you can stay all the game in spite of wining all the fights. Also CC5 is great.

Hi Folks,

i agree with firefly. I buyed all from the CC series, but as i got CM CC series where dead for me.
15 units on every side, you can count when the enemy is down.

H Firefly are you on place 173 at the blitz?

Greetings Stahler

Matrix games is going to re-release them. They will be called Cross of Iron. There is info on these on their web site.

Meskary

Repeated question - any of you would play CC5?

has anyone played the wacht am rhein close combat yet??

Nope, but I’ve enjoyed “Cross of Iron”

Unfortunately, the modifications aren’t as massive as we hoped. There are only a few new maps (albeit some good ones), some new sounds and options, but other than that is the same old stuff. It still crashes unexpectedly under Win XP, and the 152 mm ML-20S howitzer is still my favourite weapon, despite it’s immobility once placed in the field.
There’s nothing like the smell of burning Tigers in the morning…