Combat reenactment in Russia

Check out these pics!

http://englishrussia.com/?p=1747

Nice very interesting

Ha Ha Ha , nice playing guys:)
Here a bit more reinactment
http://akirill.tushino.com/thumbnails-21-page-13.html

This is the reenactment of the Leningrad releave from the blokade. Took place very ricently - 27 January 2008.

Here are some more of the same: http://harding1989.livejournal.com/100825.html

Some more reenactment photos:
[ol]
[li]http://krass.livejournal.com/571982.html
[/li][li]http://krass.livejournal.com/572304.html
[/li][li]http://krass.livejournal.com/572621.html
[/li][/ol]
Examples:

It’s cool…
Sadly i have no any possibility to play in such a good game in my area:)

I didn’t know that red army had mitsubishi jeeps during ww 2 LOL :smiley: That explain why they won the war maybe :smiley:

That make us to conclude that Bulgarian army did not has the Jeeps so they losed the war.
BTW i always was wondering - WHY our broter Bulgarians have joined to Nazy agains Russia?
We lost so much lives in fight agains Ottoman impare for Bulgaria.
Can you explain?

Maybe because they wanted to fight communism? I am just making assumptions here, but maybe they knew that Stalin would not let them remain autonomous so they decided to fight the Communists.

‘My enemy’s enemy is my friend’ kind of decision.

But they did remain autonomous even after Stalin won…

They fell behind the “Iron Curtain”, didn’t they? I also thought that even though they would be autonomous on paper, Moscow would pull all the strings for these communist governments (China being one of the few exceptions)?

Yes, they did fell behind the Iron Curtain.
Though their autonomity was likely much larger than you think. Obviously they were in the USSR sphear of influence and in the grand political issues their would coordinate with the Soviet governement.

I can’t see thinks work out much differently if the axis had won, though, except that they would have had fewer people and instead of the USSR, they were ordered around by “Germania”, if not even annexed into it…

:D:D sure for that we lost the war … damn mitsubishi :D:D :wink:
as for the serious stuff … well from what i know first there was major difference between Soviet Union russians and those from the Ottoman times under the Czar . The russians from the Czar times were deeply orthodox christians they came here and gave their lifes for us and we always will remember them in that life , no doubt they are our liberators , remember that word . The Soviet Union examples against Finland , Latvia , Litva , Estonia and Ukraine famine from 1930 made Bulgaria to realize that the Soviet Union hard manner of occupying and exploatating , burning churches and forbiding the christian orthodox religion and purging all who still believe , making the Gulag concentration camps just blow away the mirage that Bulgaria have about the new Russia . The Nazi Reich was not any better but when they had about a whole army over Dunabe river we simply lost any idea why to fight with them as the alternative was Russian gulag which soon will be simply crushed by the germans ( something like Ukraine ) , the UK which didn’t offer us any help and protection , mainly because they had no interest in us , maybe hated us and from other hand the example of Poland was in the Boris III head too . Also the Germans did something which no one other did they offered us some of our previous territories as Macedonia for example . Something that the Soviets will never ever offer us because they loved Yugoslavia more and the serbs ( something which continue these days from the present Russia with the add of Greece too ) neither the beloved Allies as they loved Greece and Turkey , so as often happen in our history no one cares for Bulgaria because we are “small” amongst the big and everyone looks only to use us . What latter followed in the post war years was a “liberation” but this one was a fake liberation cause exclude the some fake supporters hungry for power no matter who offer it to them the majority of the bulgarians NEVER actually asked to be "liberated " from Soviet Union and when we went of with the coallition with Nazi Germany we actually were seeking a way to end the war and we said we will be neutral country ( actually through the war unlike Romania , Hungary and other Bulgaria NEVER send any soldiers in Waffen SS or as direct support on the Eastern front ) but on 9 of September 1944 the Soviets simply attacked our neutral country which was NOT in coallition with Nazi Germany by that time and with support of these hungry for power commies they got the power which just approved what the Boris III and the majority of the bulgarians feared of in the Soviet Union - hard exploatation , Iron Curtain , killing , concentration camps for all that are "enemies " of the rule , and as result Bulgaria is century behind the west european nations .
I hope that explain why . :wink:

Thanks for your Bulgarian perspective of things, that made a lot of sense. Try using some paragraphs, though, would make things easier to read for me :wink:

To come back to one of your points, I have the feeling that even the Russians seem to strongly differ between Russia during Czarist times and Soviet Russia. I was wondering if the Russian sentiment is positive towards the Czarist times, when they were respected (and not only feared) by the Western powers, or if they still look more favorably towards the Soviet Union, under which the Cold War and the associated Western propaganda turned them into enemies if not even monsters for generations of Europeans and North Americans?

I know that in Germany, for example, people pretty much don’t give a damn about the German Empire and its fall, though when they do talk about it, the people I talked to pretty much just brush it off, don’t seem to care a lot about it, and only comment on it in relation to the Third Reich.

At the same time, the French are still proud of all their revolutions, even though the first two of them could pretty much be considered slaughter-fests and ended up returning to a monarchy eventually, anyway. (First Republic to Napoleon to Second Republic, Second Republic to, (lol) Napoleon III, to Third Republic)

I thought Bulgaria sent 7 divisions in occupation duty in Greece and Yugoslavia?

Yep but never i repeat never against the Soviet Union directly in the waffen ss or in the wehrmacht there was not even one bulgarain soldier fighting on the eastern front .But something that the russians strongly forget is that Bulgaria after 9 September 1944 joined the front and send soldiers against the previous "ally " Germany in Macedonia if my memory not lies me they destoyed the german division Prinz Eugen … well i can be mistaken about that but surely we send soldiers to fight the germans which the russians often try to hide and "forget " which is not fair i think expecially saying " why the bulgarians sided against us ? "

That is new to me that Russian specificaly “hide and "forget "” this things…

My grand-mother’s award paper.

The top-right is the my grand-mothers citetaion for crossing the Rumanian-Bulgarian border on the 08 Sept. 1944 and occupying town Shumen.

My grand-fathers words:
An express train, “Rapid”, delivered us to Giurgiu the next morning. Then we took ferry to the other bank of Danube where a Bulgarian town, Ruse, could be seen. The commandant told us that the front’s military prosecutor’s office had moved to the Bulgarian town of Dolna Oryahovitsa. Train again. In the evening we reached the town of our destination. In Ruse we were impressed by touching Bulgarian affability and our ability to communicate without an interpreter. We noticed their newspapers, signboards and greeting banners. All was similar to Russian and rather understandable. The whole of Bulgaria was flooded with red flags, Bulgarian flags and flowers. They were celebrating the expulsion of fascism from their land. They were very happy to see us, Russian soldiers: they treated us well and greeted us with kind words. Such welcome I saw nowhere else. And likely will never see it again.

Didn’t they treat the Germans well, too, until they realized the intentions of their leaders?

Also, one has to admire the people of Ruse for being smart enough to side with whatever faction had an army in their town :smiley:

Yes your grand-father words are another proof of my words that we as nation didn’t sided as Chevan said against the russian nation we just wanted to avoid the Soviet Union dictatorship but in our heads as nation there were never any idea such as the Hitler to erase the russians or to search for Lebensraum . We just wanted to gain some of our lost territories from the WW1 mainly Macedonia which was populated by the time with bulgarians and that was all .If we thought otherwise we were to join the “Crusade” of Hitler against the russians as some other nations as Romania , Hungary and so on did . Just i hate to read such phrases that we sided against the russians as we actually never fought directly with the russians in that bloody war , and when they "liberated " us in 1944 we didn’t fought too even if majority of people and the Boris III knew that this would have a devastating results and they were right this ended with 45 years of exploatation killing , throwing people who resist in Belene camp , no free speach , moving whole families to different part of the country killing of all of the bulgarian intellectual people thus moving the country back with centuries , while the West moving forward . And all about that the Western Allies are guilty too as they left once again us into the hands of Joseph Stalin which already were so bloody even more than Hitler i think . So from now on we want independence and we enjoy it now days , just what it was it was and it shall remain in the history , i have nothing against the germans ( i actually have many friends of such nationality ) or the russians as well ( i know such people here too and i am friend with some of them ) , just i want everyone of the major powers to leave us and to not throw on my nation anything that we don’t want , no more nazi or soviet regims or whatever , just to respect us as country and nation , to say the things as they were .