"D-Day at Hel", Poland 2007

These are the pics I made during holidays in 2007.

Very nice Kovalski! Thanks for posting your pictures. Is the German tank a mock tank or actual? (I know it’s an early ww2 tank, but seems so small.)

Honestly speaking, I have no idea…

It “looks” to be a PanzerII C or D.

The issue I have with giving it that ID is that while the upper hull looks “dead-on” or close enough to it, the suspension and roadwheels carry far more look of the Soviet T40 and T50 light tanks. Granted, those are very comparable vehicles, and so what appears to have been done isn’t that great a “sin”, in my eyes.

Revision of above: On second look, my opinion is that the chassis is T50, having regard to both the suspension and the rear upper hull.

The turret and front upper hull though, may well be genuine. For which reason, I take the view that two previously defunct vehicles have been usefully combined to form one reasonably representative vehicle. As such: damn fine job!

By way of parallel: there is a vehicle labeled as a “Bren Gun Carrier” in a Museum Park near Moscow. Top half is certainly Bren Gun Carrier, Chassis and running gear though: Komsomolets (BS-20? -Russian Designation) tracked carrier. Again, two defunct vehicles usefully combined into one.

Regards, Uyraell.

The sign saying you are entering the american sector has been translated in French as:
You are writing the american sector.
Lol on that one.;):lol:

Ja, and in German, (if my reading is right) :You are dragging/towing the American Sector. chuckles

(The green beasty with the canvas tarpaulin is a White Scout Car, M1 was the designation, from memory.)

Regards, Uyraell.

In German it says: “You are charting the American Sector”:smiley:

Danke schoen!

I wasn’t certain, as I have no formal learning in the language, much as I enjoy it.

Many Thanks, my friend :smiley:

Regards, Uyraell.

You’re welcome.
BTW, here’s the way it would be correct (from famous “Checkpoint Charlie”):

Hahaha, in French, it says “You are writing the American Sector.”

No really?
Checking post Number 6
Aaaah yes really.
Sometimes I wonder why I bother to post at all:neutral:
sigh

Many Thanks!! never seen that in colour! Only images I saw of that were monochrome, and though shown in the late 1970’s, dated from the mid 1960’s.

Regards, Uyraell.

AHHH!!! I was in a hurry, I’m sorry KameHouse.:oops:

You just don’t care,do you?:(:wink:

AH! La honte!