Defiance

anyone seen this yet??? I plan on going this week. based on a true story

http://www.defiancemovie.com/

It’s looks pretty good from the previews

My overal impression of the film is 7 out of 10.
It is relatevely balanced and does not normaly impose extreme interpretations - that is good. It is not too politicaly correct - good again.
Most of the issues are of technical charecter, like too clean underwear and fighting is rediculus.
Of the bigger faults, one is that a viewer easily gets an impression that the Bieelsky partisans lived completely separate and survived actually almost on their own, without coordination and help from other Soviet partisan brigades.

The topic is a bit specific and I don’t think it will be block buster.
All in all: Worth watching!

thanks for the review. I was going to see it today but to much snow here. so ill wait till later.

a pretty damm excellent movie !! must must watch !
good story cast n perrformance !

I’ll check it out…thanks for the tip.

Not convinced by Daniel Craig as an actor.Saw this movie and thought it poor.Story was good,could have been made better.

Agreed, I definitely want to watch “Defiance” because of its interesting subject. However it’s Daniel Craig as the main character who holds me off. Disliked his performance in “The Trench” and , btw, there’s only one real James Bond!

I have finally got to watching this and give it a big thumbs up! I really enjoyed the aspect of leadership that it portrayed.

I agree with you, VonWeier, about the aspects of leadership, portrayed in Defiance. On the whole, i think we are talking about a pretty good movie : good story, skilful actors, nice locations, etc. The only issues are related to technical matters, like the fightings and the use of weapons… Good movie anyway.

:army:i liked this movie, so for me : 8 points out of ten…

The audio of the Gun sounds in this movie are some of the best i have heard