Does anyone know what ocassion is depicted here?

It’s a Jewish relgious service being conducted by American soldiers, with presumably the bloke in the centre being a rabbi, apparently in a Nazi building which might be in Germany which dates it from late 1944.

Yes, I know all that. But the picture is piculiar, is not it?

Want to give a clue?

Wasn’t that Hitler’s circumcision ceremony?

i think he’s refering to the swastica on the wall below the window…

Bingo! Am I the only one noticing it?

Well the only info I have about this picture (and I am not confident in it) is that it takes place in the ex-residence of Hebels.

Piculiar… Why did not they take off the banner with swastica?

I didn’t see anything peculiar about the swastika being prominent as I assumed that it was there for the symbolic significance of a Jewish / American ceremony being conducted in front of it, representing their victory over the Nazis.

It looks like it has been placed there for precisely that purpose as the top of the swastika and surrounding circle are missing, apparently because the banner has been folded over the window ledge. I doubt that a dedicated Nazi would have displayed it in this fashion.

u would think they would put the flag in the road for a tank to run over or something like that

Oh no don’t do that do you know what the market value is on that flag LOL

it looks like the swastica was painted on and hitler hated jews not one of them a circumsion is a jewish tradition right

Indeed.

The first and second principles in your signature are pertinent. :smiley:

1. The swastika is not painted on. It is on a banner folded over the top of the window ledge and held there by the open box. This is confirmed by the narrowing gap between the floor and the bottom of the banner, and the missing top of the swastika and circle surrounding it.

2. This is not a circumcision ceremony. Jews are circumcised eight days after birth. American soldiers in WWII were somewhat older, as are the American soldiers in the picture.

3. In case you think that the bloke on the left is holding some sort of fearsome circumcision instrument or symbol, it is fact a torah scroll in a mantle (cover) and it probably came out of the box holding the swastika banner onto the the window ledge.

Well mate this is extremaly interesting photo for me.
I’ve never seen something simular.
The religious jewish ceremony under Nazy swastika - what could be more recidious.
BTW if (as Rising Sun wrote) this ceramony means victory over the Nazy - does it mean the jewish religion admit the simular aims like the Nazy - the absolut world power :wink:
And why jewish rabbi used too much symbols with purely secret means - this look like satanists religion sect.

No, it just means that they helped defeat, and I suspect were celebrating the defeat of, an evil regime which tried to wipe out their people for no reason other than that they happened to be Jews.

And why jewish rabbi used too much symbols with purely secret means - this look like satanists religion sect.

I assume you’re joking. The symbols really are no more than a Catholic or Protestant field service would have under worse conditions.

What does mean “tried to wipe its people”?
Do the Nazy wish to finaly exterminate the jews or simply send them out of Europe somewhere.

I assume you’re joking. The symbols really are no more than a Catholic or Protestant field service would have under worse conditions.

Althoug i/m not catholic but have being in the ortodoxy church i/m strongly doubt that our chistians somewhen used the Nazy swastika in the its religiouse rituals.
May be you don’t know but the main idea of chistians is Peace-loving for the all peoples independently are they your enemy or not.
Nazi wished to wipe out all the slavs and Ortodoxy particulary but this absolutly don’t mean the religion ( the soul of any people) must propogand the hate toward its enemies.
I/m sure the scene in the photo is just the germans-hate ritual that has a hidden sense that you and me even could not imagine.

Cheers.

Well one thing your right on is that circumsion is a jewish tradition … however many ppl do it today for hygenie reasons. I didnt even know that I had been snipped untill later in life. Most of my friends are snipped and none of us are jewish or even have anyone in the family that are jewish. Im not sure how it came about but whatever it seems to be a tradition that others have adopted. Less common here in Europe. Im not gay … just had this convo with ppl before. :smiley:

It’s also a Muslim one, which seems to be unknown to many people.

If you got snipped at age seven to twelve you’d know all about it. :smiley:

http://www.circlist.com/rites/moslem.html

I think it began in most cultures for the same reasons i.e. hygiene. Particularly in tropical and sub-tropical regions.

The great Shaka-Zulu was never circumsized and, therefore, was unable to marry. Circumsizion was a part of the rite of passage from boyhood to manhood with the Zulus, and their laws stated tht they were unable to marry without having had it performed.

Sadly, there remains the practise with some African tribes of circumsizing girls. This, I understand, is for no other reason than to prevent them ejoying sex and, thus, retaining their virginity until marriage and remaining faithful to their husbands after marriage. Another similar one, is for young girls to be sewn up at birth, thus guaranteeing she remains a virgin until marriage. Sadly, she is opened by her husbands penetration on her wedding night, in other words - by forced entry.