Does the site need a upgrade?

Ok, do you think the site need a new look and be upgraded?

What do you think?

Henk

I voted yes, I rather like 1000yards idea of having a front screen where all the new posts are.

Maybe the colours can be changed as well.

What ideas did you have in mind Henk?

Yes, exactly. If you guys change the colors and upgrade the way the forum operates now and make it easyer for the members to use is, like makeing easyer to post and make the Topics so that when you are the first member to post on a new page you must be able to view the last post that were posted on the last page, that would be nice but is not a must.

Also if you want to see the new post, but you can not see in the forum what topic it is it would be great to do something like that. Upgrading the Photo Gallery and also adding other WW2 pictures would be nice and to be able to search for pictures like, Me-262 and you would get pictures of Me-262’s.

If you also make each country like they have under them like, Germany - Luftwaffe - Kriegsmarine - Weirmagt.

A great idea would also be to make new ideas for the site and them post them here or somewhere else and let the members vote on wich one suits them the best. The thing is if you change the colors and the look and make a new logo the members will start to get interested again and start to post again.

And if you get a spell checker it would be great for those of us who can not spell for dear live, like me. :lol:

The down side of this is that it is going to take a lot of hours in doing so and that is not nice.

This is my ideas please say what you think about them.

Henk

Thanks for the suggestions guys! i will be moving over to vbulletin. Anyone have any experience working with that forum and installing it?

No, sorry sir I do not know how to do that nor do I have any experiance with it.

Henk

I find Vbulletin sites a lot more “user friendly”, so it’ll be a good move.

Check out this link we run this on our server and there are a bunch of different skins to choose from
Our forums
www.khservergroup.com/forum
And what we use for our forums

http://www.phpbb.com/

i think this site needs to have a common activity where we can do as a group

Any suggestions? This sounds interesting!

Any suggestions? This sounds interesting![/quote]
i always thought having a group to work on some kind of project would be cool
like making a video together, making a novel together (i am working on one)

Sounds nice, I am game for something like that Fw-190 Pilot.

Henk

we need a plan though

if you can have a good enough plan, i can give you a moderator rank if you want to :smiley:

For the novel you could create a thread and then everyone who signs up for it is put into a list. The list would be in an order and each person would take there turn at writing a paragraph, when the list has ended we go back too the start. Post by post a story would develop, and that thread would become an novel!

I am way to stupid to do such a job :lol: , but thank you anyway.

SS Tiger have a great idea. I think like each member who joins up for something like this must do their own research, but must be correct, lets say for example the Me-262 and then post it as a article for members who want to read up on a certan plane, tank, ship ext ext. or memebers like Panzerknacker who know a lot about tanks and he can do something on tanks and the same for other topics.

Then it would be great if someone does not know a lot about the topic or what the guys are talking about and then look it up.

The same thing can be for a noval.

Henk