Dunkirk, the movie

Has anyone seen the movie Dunkirk from 2017(?). Wondering if it was worth the watch.

I watched it, and it’s not by any means a perfect recounting, some contrivance, and convenience taken with it, but it is a worth while movie to watch. I would recommend it.

Started a thread on it here…

Overall it’s imperfect, but a decent film and definitely a worthwhile watch…

The previous comments sum it up pretty well.

I did a search to see if anything was posted, nothing showed, this forum is whacky lately.

I thought there was a thread, put it in search, and nothing showed up. I don’t even see this thread on screen unless I hit “subscribed threads” button. The forum has been wacky lately.

I thought there was a thread, put it in search, and nothing showed up. I don’t even see this thread on screen unless I hit “subscribed threads” button. The forum has been wacky lately.

Most forum search engines suck, I use Google…

Not really germane, but just saw it yesterday, the same fellow who did Fury, is set to make another WWII movie about North Africa, perhaps El-Alemein.

Bit boring for me. I prefer wwii movie base more on the German forces. With liget facts. Not this wishful thinking of allies killing millions of emeny soldiers compared to just a few allies being killed. Such bs.

Nolan is a really good film maker, so he succeeded, which means that Dunkirk is an oppressive, disorienting movie. Unfortunately, the fact that these qualities were intended does not make them good here, at least in my view. The Oscars it won were for sound editing, sound mixing, and film editing.