E-50 from Daimler-Benz

As you know, E-50 designed by Argus, Auto Union and Adler. But sometimes I see information about Daimler-Benz involved in this project. Probably has its roots version of the rear transmission on E-50, if we remeber their VK3002(DB). Does anyone have any information about E-50(DB)?

Many projects and armor were eventually developed in partnership between multiple manufacturers.
Henschel, Porsche, MAN, MIAG, Daimler, Rheinmetall, Krupp, Krauss, … all were important production factors.
In this case, I can’t really help in detail, but you must take in consideration a different firm didn’t mean a different design.

Up!

Let’s discuss?

looks very russian :mrgreen:

Errr… Turret from “Lowe”, with big gun mantlet + hull and internal design (rear transmission, etc.) from VK30.02(DB) + one-row big wheels with torsion-bar from T-44 :mrgreen:

It looks very different in the following article:

http://fingolfen.tripod.com/eseries/e50.html

Nickdfresh, I knew that E-50 had a hull from “King Tiger” with minor changes. But Daimler-Benz involved in this project too and “Indienpanzer”, probably, evolution of “E-50(DB)”.
And once I saw a reference to the “Argentina-panzer”. Maybe it’s fiction. But I was extremely interested. However, new information I wasn’t found. The possibility of such tank should not exclude - Germany and Argentina had a close relationship.

steben, Nickdfresh, KW30 served as an early prototype for Leopard. Has been developed in Switzerland(?) because of the restrictions after the WW2.

many gigantic monsters made soon after WW2 :),. arl 44, T10, conqueror, m47

guess everyone took germans tanks as their basis to build their own :slight_smile:

gumalangi, ARL-44 designed on WW2, not after; T-10 - evolution of IS-3 and IS-4 (another designations of T-10 are IS-8 and IS-10);
M47 Patton II - M46 with new turret, M46 -> M26 -> T26 -> T20, T22, T23, etc. (part with VVSS, another - torsion-bar) -> M4 Shermans (VVSS) and M4A2E4 (torsion-bar) -> M3 Lee/Grant -> M2 -> T5 -> light tank T2 (prototype of M2 light tank)

this i got from wiki,.
The ARL 44 was a French heavy tank produced just after World War II. Only sixty of these tanks were ever manufactured[1] and the type was quickly phased out.
The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles: From World War I to the Present Day - stated about the same,.

well it just happened,. after the war,. everyone build their own big tanks,. one way to another resembling Germans WW2 heavy tanks,. be it their own design or development from previous light or lighter tanks,.

gumalangi, “designed” and “manufactured” - not the same :slight_smile:
ARL-44 developed during the German occupation. And builded after, right.

it is true,…

However,… this statement from page of Arl 44

A large and well-armed vehicle might still be useful, however obsolescent its individual parts were, especially as the British and Americans seemed to be behind Germany in heavy tank development, having no operational vehicles that could slug it out with a Tiger II

The M-47 of the Patton series wasn’t really a “monster,” is was considered an improved M-46/stopgap tank until the more mature, perfected M-48 series was available. The “monster” American tank meant to deal with the Soviet IS3 was the M103 tank. Made is small numbers, it suffered what the other monsters all seemed to suffer: chronic unreliability and the technical faults of straining transmissions and engines to move heavy pieces of equipment on the battlefield…

Nickdfresh, the real monster is T28/T95 :slight_smile:
Some unique photos:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

but this is offtopic :wink:

By the way “Atrappe” means mock-up, is not a real tank.

The T28/95 project wasn’t a “tank,” is was a ‘gun motor carriage,’ or an “assault gun” specifically designed to use against the Siegfried Line…