Eat more chips!

A pump station in York, has had to reduce its trading days from five days to two days a week. Why? Becuase demand has outstripped supply.

The station has, for the past twenty years, been selling bio-diesel, eighty per cent of which has been processed from re-cycled vegetable oil collected from chip shops, schools, hospitals and other users of deep-friers.

Now the station is being inundated by haulage companies looking to strike a deal. The price of the fuel is 94.9 pence a litre. Yes, that’s considered cheap in Britain. :smiley:

Please, say the proprietors, no more calls!

Whats the average cost for a liter of gas in Britain

It was your arm at the elbow, now its to the bicep. :slight_smile:

In Germany we pay 1,50 € per liter. Dunno the exact conversion into dollar/gallon (too lazy to calculate) but it’s probably in the region of 10 bucks.

4 liter is to a gallon I think, and euro is 50 cents more than a dollar I think, so about 5 to 6 dollars a gallon…holy crap.

Hmm, Ok, if it’s around 4:1 then it’s between 8 and 9$ , because the conversion euro dollar is a factor, not a sum.
1,50 € are ~2,25 $
2,25 times 4 is 9.

Petrol is currently around £1.15 in the UK, and Diesel around £1.25 (equivalent to $8.61 and $9.36 per US Gallon respectively).

Ouch. It’s running about $4.00 to $4.50 a gallon here. Which is why the American market is getting cars from the Euro and Asian markets that never would have made it here a few years back.

Cars like the smaller Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Mazda5 van and 2 (as a Ford Fiesta), Nissan Versa, etc.

The underground bio-diesel craze began here about ten years ago as people now distill old frying oil into excellent fuels usually as a collective. Unfortunately, now restaurants are charging for it and some new diesel passenger cars are not allowed in NY or Cali for emissions reasons, which is pretty f***ing idiotic since tractor trailers cause far more pollution!

I was interested in the Saturn (Vauxhall, Opel, Chevy) Astra with the 200 HP diesel engine, but they haven’t even bothered to import it.

Aww, that was my first answer but I thought it was too ridiculous. Wow

There has been a spate of fuel stealing in my area including this kind of bio fuel.

It seems the most popular method is to drill a hole into a car’s fuel tank which seems rather suicidal.

I thought for a moment you were going to say that the burglars had stolen your chip pan.

I was wondering if restaurants over there now sell their waste oil, like they do here…

Probably.

Down here, Mc Donalds, KFC and all the others sell their waste oil embedded in French fries, chicken, etc, whether the customers want it or not.

I was visiting Mayfield lavender fields, yesterday, and suffered the misfortune of being stung by a bee (had to share that). However, another problem arising is the Rosemary beetle. Our cold climate normally reduces thier numbers. But now the winters are milder, they are becoming a problem.

More on it if you scroll down the link.

http://www.mayfieldlavender.com/

It was by the hedge in the background, that members of the hive discovered me.

http://www.mayfieldlavender.com/gallery/