Erich von Manstein

After a long wait, here’s a new one!

http://ww2db.com/person_bio.php?person_id=28

Enjoy :slight_smile:

You know, the most amazing thing from this, is that he was given up for adoption. No ties attached and given willingly. I find that a trully unbelievable gesture.

I suppose coming from an Asian background I don’t find that as surprising. In Chinese practice, there is a practice that goes something like this… Let’s say family A has only daughters, no son, therefore no one will carry on the family name of family A. One of the daughters of family A marries a guy from family B. Then if the guy and family B is generous enough, one of the following may happen:

1. This is more common: One of the sons resulting from this marriage would carry family A’s surname as part of the son’s given name.

-OR-

1. This is rare, but my own best friend is an example of this: One of the sons resulting from this marriage would take on the surname of family A so that family A’s name will live on.

I doubt German traditions work exactly the same way, but given that understanding of the particular Asian practice, I don’t find the act of giving him to a blood relative that surprising.

Thanks for that, I suppose we just do things diffrently. Didnt do him any harm after all did it.

Haha, definitely not. I’m sure in retrospect, the most famous Lewinski after Erich von Manstein didn’t really do the family any proud :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t know who I’m talking about? Think Bill Clinton :slight_smile: