Euro2012

EURO2012 starting on Friday.
Got any predictions, expectations for winner, runners-up, top scorer, best XI, stars-to-emerge and dissapointents?

Are you goint to start a bets here?

No bets, but we could share our thoughts:)

Ok, I’ll start first.

Winner: France
Runners-up: Germany
Top scorer: Benzema
Best XI:
G: Neuer
D: Piszczek, Badstuber, Rami, Clichy,
M: Van-Der-Vaart, Ozil, Silva, Nasri,
S: Benzema, Lewandowski

For surprise and disappointment I pick whole teams:
Surprise: Poland
Disappointment: Italy

I know it’s a wishful thinking but I had to put those Poles there :slight_smile:

For surprise and disappointment I pick whole teams:
Surprise: Poland

You are too optimistic…

Disappointment: Italy

I would bet on Russia…

And you are waaay too pessimistic! Wherever you look, experts saying Russia is first to go to quarter-final and capable of reaching the semi-final.
But it all depends what are your minimal expectations. If you fail to qualify from the group, that would be a total dissapointment. If you succeed, Germany and Netherlands will be waiting in the quarterfinal. Reaching semi-final would a success for Russia, and then anything can happen.

I hope for quarterfinal and a epic clash against Germany.
But if I start thinking seriously… Scoring more that one goal would be nice enough, not to mention one win in the group stage.

My guess:
Surprise (or better “the resurrection of”): France
Disappointment: Germany (although I tend to say that before every championship)

Winners: Spain.
Runners up: Netherlands or Germany.
Surprise: France.
Disappointment: Ireland’s group.

I hope: France, England, Netherlands
Will do well: Germany, Switzerland,
I hope not: Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal

Today’s score prediction:
Poland 1:0 Greece
Russia 2:0 Czech Republic

Don’t rule out the Irish, for Group qualification at least. A lot will depend on their first match against Croatia - and then, on whether Italy “turn up” for the second game. However, it is worth bearing in mind that “Trap’s Boys” are coming to this following on a long unbeaten run - they may not look very glamorous, but they will be a very tough nut to crack. As to the likely winners - Spain are strong candidates (again, if they turn up), but I am inclined a bit towards Germany. Best regards, JR.

The funniest Euro2012 picture I’ve seen so far :slight_smile:

You have really tough group. Everybody knows Spain will qualify from the first place, so 3 teams willing to reach 2nd. Italy got hit by corruption scandal and they were totally disappoining against Russia in their last game. Croatia? I think they’re always capable of reaching next stage. IMHO, if Ireland plays as its best, everything is possible.
In South Africa 2010, nobody would bet a single penny for Slovakia against Italy. And at the end of the day Squadra Azzurra were going home.

Zing!
I thought only yanks don’t know the difference between Sweden and Switzerland!

Ireland certainly has a possibility, a few of the players know this is their last tournament with the exception of the World Cup Qualifiers, second can’t be ruled out but it would have to be worked for. Doesn’t matter where they do finish, been so long since this little country was in a final that the boys will be cheered on.

Poland 2:0 Greece
Russia 1:2 Czech Republic

You mean they’re not the same?

Well, he has been spending time in America… :wink:

No trip down under to Austria :wink:

Nope. No schnitzel on the barbie for me!

To tell the truth I didn’t look at who was playing, I just remembered the Swiss doing well a couple years back in the World Cup so I assumed they would be in this stage as well.

Kurwa masz! That was nearly a complete false start for Poland.

Well I was miles off, again.