explosions

Has anyone ever experienced a near-by explosion, either via war or non-war means? I experienced the blast of a massive propane explosion near my house on Sunday morning and saw the devestation it caused. It felt like an earthquake and the heat I could feel from a mile away. If you have any experiences like me, I appreciate any feedback:D

Sounds funny but once I stood about 100 feet away from a sausage stand when it exploded due to a leaking propane bottle also. All this happened in front of a crowded soccer stadium with hundreds of people around. It’s been a wonder nobody got hurt seriously, even the vender jumped over the counter slightly scorched.

Usually after a good Vindaloo and a few pints of real ale!

I once blew up a firecracker in my hand and that hustrs big time!

In my head I do:D

when I was at shilo range training ground in manitoba/canada in 1996 with the german bundeswehr, our own apc marder 1A3 was shaken by a nearby artillery impact at night. I only could guess, but I would estimate that the ground-impact was about 100 or 150 meters away.

the next day we saw a lot of smaller holes in the outer storage-boxes from the shrapnells. luckily nobody was hurt, but the hole crew of 9 got a good shock that moment. :eek:

it was usual that we (panzergrenadiere) - and the artillery obviously also - were only firing with live rounds over there.

this incident had no consequences as far as I know but it was scary to feel how much power such a shell has.

jens