Favorite American Gun

My favorite rifle is the Springfield M1 Garand no questions asked.

Better at what, for what purpose? The Springfield is clearly the better battle rifle, which is hardly surprising given that it is a much more modern design.

Oh, and get your terminology right please - a “gun” sits on wheels and is used by the artillery, or is fitted to a tank.

I picked the M1 over the Kar98k.

However, my favorite American weapon is the BAR.

i picked m1, bigger clip, semi auto

;I like the Garand better as well, it is a fine GUN . (In the Grand Republic of America, the term “GUN” is applicable to any firearm.):wink:

Not near me - it’s always “rifle” or occasionally “gat” if you’re feeling colloquial. “Gun” is liable to get you 20 pressups!

Repeated topic, chek the earlier ones.

anyway you could tell what favorite gun is if you look at my sig…If you didnt look its a m1

and don’t forget “Roscoe”, “Heater”, “Rod” ,“Merhasker” and “pocket Judge/lawyer” Okay, i’ll behave now,:slight_smile:

my favorite rifle is the m1 grant it is faster firing and i like the design it better fit troops becuase in a fight the kar98k is like the british lee-enfield because its like a sniper rifle you cant shoot fast. though given it was kinda good when the allies were pushin the germans back because they could ambush you better. just add a scope!

Ummm… bolt design has a great deal to do with it. I believe the record for an SMLE is around 40 shots per minute.

A general purpose machine gun and a mortar don’t have wheels. :smiley:

A rifle has a rifled barrel, unlike a gun which doesn’t. Supposedly.

A general purpose machine gun has a rifled barrel but no wheels, although it might be fitted to a tank despite being primarily an infantry section weapon. It’s still a gun, manned by a gun crew, unlike a rifle which is invariably a single operator weapon (unless it’s a recoilless rifle - see below).

A fin stabilised mortar is an infantry support weapon which doesn’t have a rifled barrel and is a gun, but a spin stabilised mortar has a rifled barrel and does the same thing and is also a gun. Neither have wheels, nor are they fitted to tanks. Both have gun crews.

Artillery pieces usually have rifled barrels and wheels, or tracks, and might be drawn or self-propelled but aren’t rifles, although they invariably have gun crews.

A shot gun isn’t a rifle. It doesn’t have wheels and isn’t fitted to tanks, but it’s still a gun, even if it’s a single operator weapon.

A recoilless rifle is a crew served weapon which fires artillery type shells without the burden of wheels or tanks, unlike a recoilless gun which is exactly the same except it’s not rifled.

I just thought I’d clarify the differences, which should now be clear to all. :smiley:

Evil swine! :smiley:

…This is my Rifle, this is my GUN…
…This is for fighting, this is for FUN.

“Full Metal Jacket”

It could be worse.

We could be trying to work out what distinguishes a boat from a ship. :smiley:

Rising Sun must work for the ministry of Red Tape, in the Tax codes dept…Bravo, a true professional :slight_smile:

Next question! What do you think of the browning Automatic Rifle?

Excellent firearm, having a selector for 2 rates of fire. it was a versatile weapon, and a gas to shoot. I would choose it over the later AR-10, (similar to the M-16, but in 7.62 Nato. ) Besides,the BAR had the Bonnie&Clyde seal of approval…

exellent weapon, especially since the germans didnt have anything quite like it, except for the stg44 which were hard to come by, to lay down supressing fire on a small scale