Favorite American Gun

My favorite gun was the Colt 45 pistol. This was the AK-47 of hand guns. Funny enough the Colt 45 was the the standard issue sidearm of the USArmy from 1911 to 1984. It saw little changes over this time frame. Great gun and I think it looks cool too.

COLT 45

The Americans did produce alot of effective guns during WW2. My 2nd favorite American gun was the Thompson sub machine gun. Mean weapon, a bit heavy and expensive to make, but had great stopping power. Plus it was a favorite of the gangsters as well :slight_smile:

ya thats for sure.

I would have to go with the thompson for being my favorite American gun.

Oh Making me pick just one? :smiley:
Well I would have to say the BAR then I guess.
Thompson is nice for my favorite allied sub-machine gun. However for laying down some heat I would go with the BAR. :lol:

Im not quite sure about this, but I think the Russians took the Colt .45 and then redesigned it to make slightly better. I dont know what they changed though. Can someone please fill the gap?

i’ll say M1 Garand.

I dont think the Americans changed much besides adding better structual parts and increasing the angle of the handle.

[quote=“Gen_Sandworm”]

I dont think the Americans changed much besides adding better structual parts and increasing the angle of the handle.[/quote]

You mean Russians right?

No I mean the Americans. They made very slight changes to the Gun over the years. Im not sure what the Russians did but they had a very similar looking gun. Not sure if that is the one you talking about or not.

ya, the russians changed it. mmm, i wonder where i can get that information.

Great weapons as well. My favorite weapon to use in any WW2 game…gimme that and the Thompson and im pretty lethal. :twisted:

Great weapons as well. My favorite weapon to use in any WW2 game…gimme that and the Thompson and im pretty lethal. :twisted:[/quote]

Just give me the Bren and Illl kick your arse LOL :lol:

Great weapons as well. My favorite weapon to use in any WW2 game…gimme that and the Thompson and im pretty lethal. :twisted:[/quote]

Just give me the Bren and Illl kick your arse LOL :lol:[/quote]

Your on!!! Prepare to die. :smiley:

I guess you talking about russian TT (Tulskiy Tokareva) pistol. http://gunsite.narod.ru/tt.gif
Yeah, this thing looks very simular with Colt M1911A2, but not Colt was “father” of this gun.
Offcourse, TT used simular mechanical idea with Colt M1911A2, patented by John Moses Browning. And TT looks more equal with earler Brownings handgun, FN 1903.
http://eko-czao.narod.ru/ball/pistol/brauning1903/brauning1903-1.jpg

By the way, TT was used in Soviet Army from 1930 till late 60’s.
TT use cartriges сal. 7.62x25 мм, practicaly equal Mauser’s cartriges 7.63x 25 from C-96 handgun.

Just give me the Bren and Illl kick your arse LOL :lol:[/quote]
Okay, okay… can i shoot somebody there with my favorite FG-42 or Johnson LMG M1941, can’t i ? :wink: :lol:

if any game allows u to use the Johnson LMG (wich ive never heard of) FG-42 you can tho.

It’s no wonder.
Johnson auto rifle and Johnson LMG was never adopted as official USA Army weapon. But US marines used some quantity of Johnson M1941 rifle and Johnson M1941 and M1944 LMGs.
Not a lots information about Johnson’s LMG (i hawe got once take this LMG in hand few years ago in USA, TX, and hawe great material in Guns’n’Ammo magazine, but no information in Internet).
This site more about M1941 Johnson auto rifle and Johnson himself, but there page about LMG too: http://www.johnsonautomatics.com/combatuse.htm

There is Guns magazine dec. 2000 by Robert Bruce article about M1941 - very good material about M1941 : http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BQY/is_12_46/ai_66491975

Looks like a pretty mean LMG.

the first special service force loved the johnson LMG.they got their’s from the marine raider units in a trade for some plastic explosives.the johnson rifle saw less use than the reising SMG and that says not much.

My favorite gun from the U.S.A. is Tomson, and rifle M1!

30 cal machinegun hits everything,destroying it!.
grease gun was good because it was cheaper than tompson.