Favorite car make.

Iam curious to what your favorite automobile make is:)

Personaly I like Dodge/Plymouth muscle cars:)

Can you say Hemi?

My favorite car 1962 Chevy Corvette, so I voted Chevy. But most American cars are shit now ( they dont last ) so my next truck will be a Toyota.

Considering this is an international forum this is a rather limited choice don’t you think?

Too right:
Dodge/Plymouth/Jeep - Jeep is the only one sold in the UK, and by all accounts they’re pretty rubbish.
Ford - all over the place, but I’m not much of a fan TBH. The Focus pool cars we have at work feel really cheap and tacky inside and aren’t terribly nice to drive - and they’re supposed to be among the better ones Ford does.
Chevy - rebadged Daewoo cars!

Few more:
BMW
Mercedes
VW
Peugeot
Citroen
Fiat
Toyota
Nissan
Mazda (rebadged Fords)
Subaru
Honda

I’ve got one of these personally, although mine is dark blue:

Land Rover what else?
Look at the good points;

1. It’s hard any other run-of-the-mill car is going to come 2nd in a collision
  2. It’s hard it will keep your kiddies safe during the school run, just in case a granny in a zimmerframe hits you.
  3. It can go off-road. I find this particulary useful when hunting down chavs. Usually if chasing them in a normal car the little bliters will run off the road and into a field/their front room/rubbish tip, with a landy you can chase them as far as you want irrespective of obstacles.
  4. It’s got lots of space what other vehicle would allow me to stash my rugby team’s kit, tackling pads and of course the team itself.
  5. It’s British :wink: , an example of the finest craftmanship and engineering prowess (or is that since the Germans bought it? :smiley: )

Ford usually makes good cars, it’s just that compacts in general feel like crap (except the oriental ones). My mom’s Mercury Grand Marquis (the Lincoln Town Car and the Ford Crown Victoria are the same as the Marquis, just slightly different) is quite exqusite. It has lots of room (it literally holds more than my aunt and uncle’s Lincoln Aviator SUV), it has quite a bit of luxury, it has (or so I think) a 5 litre V8, and it’s very quiet.

However, now that student-scaley mentions it, Land Rovers seem pretty nice too :wink:

Maybe sometime in the future I’ll get a Land Rover and buy a full size Union Jack (with flag pole) and attach it to the LR. And as I’m driving I’ll blare Rule Britannia. I ought to get some odd looks from the people with Confederate flags on their trucks.

Ford generally makes good cars, but at the expense of luxury. I have to say I’d take a Bimmer or a Benz over a Ford/Chevy/Subaru anyday.

Not at all true. They don’t hold their value as well, but in fact American cars have surpassed European (German) vehicles in overall reliability surveys…

Mercedes are shit, reliablity-wise, though they’e beautiful cars, but are relying on their nameplate too much. And I’ve known at least two people who have had severe electical problems on their BeaMer Ws."

That being said, I’d prefer a Toyota truck myself, though the F-150 is a nice truck…

Considering this is an international forum this is a rather limited choice don’t you think?

I agree. I’d love a Porsche 911 in time for my mid-life crisis… :wink:

Actually, I’d settle for anything fast, terribly impractical, and temperamental like a 'Vette, GT-60, Viper, or the holiest of grails, a Ferrari.

I dont like the warrenty the give with new cars, I think the average is like 36,000 miles and wouldnt you know it my Dodge dakato i have now the trans went out at 39,000 miles and cost me $2000.00 to have it fixed.
I sold my Ford Ranger when it had 100,000 miles and bought the dodge beacuse the trans was startin to go. In hind sight I should have kept the ranger…I ended up buyin a trans anyway. :evil:
I think most New American cars are okay, they just dont build them to last.

BUT…Nothing can compare with the old American Muscle Cars. :slight_smile:

Watch out for passing A-10s. You’re practically the definition of an enemy vehicle going around like that!

VW rules. VW cars drive like a dream and they are great quality and have great engines. VW cars are not such gas drinkers like the US cars.

I would rather buy a Audi or a VW than any of the other cars. Give me a VW GTI Golf and I am happy or a VW 16i CITI Golf feul injected engine.

The SMART cars are also great cars. The SMART forfour is a great family car.

Henk

But then again…I love my 1944 FORD Jeep
](http://imageshack.us)[/img]

mike M do you ever drive it around or do you just use it on special occasions?

Henk

Well I have a Ford, a Focus… it’s a good car, really. But I am in love of the Fiat/Ferrari/Alfa Romeo enterprise…