Favorite PC game from back in the day

Favorite PC game from back in the day.Anybody have their favorites from back in the day of DOS,Win95,Win98? they wish they could still play??Mine are:

Pacific Air War by Microprose
DOS based game that had so many options to keep the game interesting.From flying a mission to building a mission,or even building a fleet of ships in the Pacific.

European Air War by Microprose
The Best flight Sim I have ever played.I used to play this game online at the “Zone” and “Kali” a lot of mods for this game kept it playable.

Not WW2 but still oldies but goodies to me

Janes ATF

M1 Tank Platoon II
The best tank sim I have ever played.Commanding a tank platoon in Desert Storm and NATO scenarios ,with air support,artillery support,

No question it’s Steel Panthers WW2 (SPWW2). And this game was so popular that it’s still being developed today. They released an updated windows version a few years back, so now it’s called WinSPWW2.

In SPWW2 you usually command a battalion of about 3 to 6 companies, controlling individual vehicles and infantry in squads/sections. It’s a turn based wargame (I go - you go, like chess). You can play against the AI or against humans via email.

You can read about it and a free download version here:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

My other choice would be the WW2 flight sim called Warbirds. This is also still a great game, and runs on any PC. It’s still played today in obscure corners of the internet.

Warbirds just has a great feel about it. It’s more fun than a lot of flight sims that have better graphics. And you can fly with/against other humans with only a mooodddemmm!

Anyone ever play these?

I like all the Steel Panthers series,but my favourite is Steel Panthers3 Brigade Command.

I bought it 11 years ago and still play it most days.
M1 Tank Platoon,European Air War,and any sim by Microprose i enjoyed.

Wolfenstein 3D!

The first half life was fun, can’t forget doom and wolfenstein either.

Not very far back in the day but coming up on 10 years now was Combat Missions Beyond Overlord, great fun.

The original version of Civilization
Elite II

Definitely agree there. CMBO followed by CMBB and CMAK were all fantastic ww2 games, I still play the latter 2 and they are 3d company based tactical wargames that are in my opinion unsurpassed even though they are approaching 10 years old.

In fact the company has now made an updated wargame set in Syria which is also quite good.

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=33&Itemid=69

The also released two other games similar in type to Combat Missions called Theatre of War, downloaded the demo of the first one but it didn’t work so not sure how good they are.
http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=20&Itemid=48

The Civilization Series, the Company of Heroes, the medal of honor & call of duty series, the Wolfenstein, the M1 Tank Platoon II, and etc… how many hours played pc games!!!

Wolfenstein and Half Life for me!

V4V series together with America Invades!. Could play days and it was still exciting. I was disappointed when Atomic Games stopped making that game. But fortunately I got almost all parts and a DOS emulator of course.

Age of Empires… Gold Edition.

Mafia, Operation Flashpoint and Serious Sam are some of my favourite games.

Big Time Software Beyond Overlord.

Call of Duty 1 or 2.

Civilization 2 or 3.

Age of Empires 2 or 3, never mastered Stronghold.