favorite pistol

What is your favorite pistol, the 1911 .45 cal. or the luger? I like them both but the .45 is my favorite.

Give three good reasons why we should have to endure yet another of these infantile ‘favourite’ topics, which produce mostly a welter of empty assertions and unsupported opinions (as in your opening post) and no worthwhile information except from people correcting the idiocy presented as fact.

Actually, give just one good reason why the board should be cluttered with any more of this rubbish.

Also, what is the point of asking “What is your favorite pistol?” and then limiting it to just two? Which both happen to be semi-automatics. What do you have against, for example, flintlocks? Or cap and ball pistols? Not to mention revolvers? And countless other semi-automatic pistols?

In the absence of compelling answers in the near future, Xmas or not, this thread will be closed as aspects of this topic have been done to death in other threads over the years and we don’t need any more.

Or, Please bother to take the time to search previous threads and archives to see if a particular subject has already been addressed! You can find a lot of these “favorites” threads in the archives.

Oops…Sorry RS, must have missed your last two sentences. My eyes are a little blurry this morning!:oops:

For me it’s got to be the 9mm Browning Hi Power: Not too heavy, a good size, simple to operate & clean, and has a handy 13 round magazine capacity.

I just answered this thread for something to do !!!Yaaaawnnnn!!!

Paul

Sorry, this answer is outside the parameters set by colonel hogan, which is to pick your favourite pistol from the two he specified in his first post, there apparently being no other pistols ever manufactured in the whole of human history. :rolleyes:

Please reconsider the question and pick your favourite from the two specified. :confused:

My eyes are a little blurry tonight, on the eve of my least favourite annual festival, but your independent comments merely confirm my view that the time has come for such threads to be consigned to history the moment they appear. :wink:

You are so so Funny RS!..Sometimes I swear it’s like looking into a mirror!. Where do you come up with these things?. You should be on Comedy show.LOL

Ok the COLTLUGER 9.45mm :wink:

Paul
PS Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to you Rising Sun and every one on WW2 in colour. :smiley:

Sorry, but the LUGERCOLT was the puny pistol at a mere 9.45mm. I thought everyone knew that!

The COLTLUGER was, of course, the one made at a highly impressive 45.9mm, which made it the mother of all pistols and five times more powerful than the most powerful handgun in the world, being the CLUGEROLT which was also a mere 9.45mm but fitted with a 24 inch barrel plus a stock to deceive the enemy into believing it was actually a longarm and therefore no threat to them as a pistol in trench and other close quarter combat. :wink:

And the same to you and yours. :smiley:

Well RS, you won’t have to waste any drinking vouchers on dunny paper for the foreseeable future…

I’ll have to get over looking in the mirror and seeing Herman the bloody Second first!

There’s years of therapy in that! :smiley:

P.S. Places I go to don’t have drink vouchers.

Or dunny paper.

Or dunnies.

[QUOTE=Rising Sun*;145268]Give three good reasons why we should have to endure yet another of these infantile ‘favourite’ topics, which produce mostly a welter of empty assertions and unsupported opinions (as in your opening post) and no worthwhile information except from people correcting the idiocy presented as fact.

Actually, give just one good reason why the board should be cluttered with any more of this rubbish.

Also, what is the point of asking “What is your favorite pistol?” and then limiting it to just two? I chose these because it’s allies vs. axis. i’m a yank and there for i automatically love the 1911 and the luger was a german army mainstay.plus i’m only 15 so stop giving me a hard time!!!

I chose these because it’s allies vs. axis. i’m a yank and there for i automatically love the 1911 and the luger was a german army mainstay.plus i’m only 15 so stop giving me a hard time!!![/QUOTE]

Being an American citizen does not mean that you automatically have to ‘love’ the 1911, nor even the 1911A1. RS’ comments are germane, accurate and sensible.
If indeed you really are fifteen years of age you should be able to think prior to posting.
What you now consider to be ‘a hard time’ is merely a life lesson. Attempt to learn from it.

Cuts’ comment is officially endorsed by a moderator, being me, who would have responded rather more bluntly than Cuts did.

So, colonel hogan (conventionially written as Colonel Hogan in standard English), be grateful that Cuts got in first and was gentle with you. And follow his advice.

I chose these because it’s allies vs. axis. i’m a yank and there for i automatically love the 1911 and the luger was a german army mainstay.plus i’m only 15 so stop giving me a hard time!!![/QUOTE]

Actually, this is a military history forum which is not Allies v. Axis, but instead a place for balanced discussion of WWII by people from all backgrounds, including those from the combatant nations.

Automatically loving the 1911 (more usually designated as the M1911) is somewhat misplaced as it was only a semi-automatic.

Now, Sonny Boy, you have to make a choice about dishing it out among adults and copping it back at an adult level, or being a big mouth baby who whines that he’s only a little boy when he gets back what he gave out, as you’ve done in several threads.

If you think you’re getting a hard time, you’d better pin your ears back for some real rough weather if you keep up with your nonsense posts and mindless offensiveness, assuming you are allowed to stay on the forum.

Bear in mind, Sonny Boy, that men your age fought and died in most armies in WWII. They didn’t have the option, before they were killed, of telling the enemy “i’m only 15 so stop giving me a hard time!!!”

So, Sonny Boy, make up your mind about whether you want to be treated as the ignorant loud mouth kid you are or as the ignorant loud mouth adult revealed by some of your less attractive posts. Not that your choice will make much difference to the response you’ll get, and deserve. Or you could choose a third and better path.

I will leave this thread open for a while for you to respond, and ideally in an adult manner if that’s how you want to be treated, but as indicated at #2 this thread is going to be closed unless you can come up with a reason for leaving it open which is rather more compelling than “i’m only 15 so stop giving me a hard time!!!”

No answers given.

Thread closed.