Favorite Regimental/Unit Insignia

My favorite Allied insignia is teh 101st Airborne Eagle! what about u guys?

I will go with you,i like the 101st airborne eagle,is the most known allied insignia

For some who may not know what the 101st Eagle looks like

I will go with you,i like the 101st airborne eagle,is the most known allied insignia[/quote]

Really? well what the hell I dont know anything!

you will see it in lots of movies sam.

check this!: http://www.101airborneww2.com/

Come on Erwin! S.A.M. for sure knew the 101st patch!

:mrgreen: (CONFUSSION)

Generally British Paras:

yeah i like the 101 airborne a lot. (got one on my bag :D)

but i also like the cavalry patch.

I do like the airborne. :smiley:

the link don`t charges,but

:smiley:

stupid tripod websites.

thnx for making it work though :slight_smile:

Off topic: for pics try upload on www.imageshack.us

yeah but i dont have the pic, so if i find one online might as well just link it

US military, I like the Big Red one, basically because, well erm, its a big Red 1. US 1st Div.

Here is a link to one of their sites:

http://www.1id.army.mil/

101st Airborne! Some of the best infantry of WWII

Most SPAMS i’ve met, including one inbred redneck who spoke to the Col I was with, think the motto of the Queens Royal Lancers is the best.

It’s their “Death or Glory” motto in graphic form and is not to be referred to as a “Capbadge”

[img]http://www.qrl.uk.com/history/qrl.gif[img]

I like it too. It represents some of the Best qualities of the Best army of the Best country in the world.

[/img]

Most SPAMS i’ve met, including one inbred redneck who spoke to the Col I was with, think the motto of the Queens Royal Lancers is the best.

It’s their “Death or Glory” motto in graphic form and is not to be referred to as a “Capbadge”

I like it too. It represents some of the Best qualities of the Best army of the Best country in the world.

The 17th Duke of Cambridges Own Lancers

The 17th Light Dragoons was raised in 1759 following General Wolfe’s death in Quebec, with the regiment’s motto of a Death’s Head and the words ‘Or Glory’ chosen in commemoration of him. It was the first cavalry regiment deployed in the American War of Independence. In October 1854, as the 17th Lancers, the regiment charged in the front line of the Light Brigade at Balaklava, earning three Victoria Crosses but losing many men dead or wounded. Later service included the suppression of the Indian Mutiny, a successful charge against the Zulus at Ulundi, the Boer War and the Great War.

This is their badge.

It was later amalgamated with the 21st.

Or 21st Empress of India’s Own Lancers

The Marquis of Granby raised the 21st Light Dragoons in 1760, the regiment being disbanded and raised twice more as the wars with France required. Raised for a fourth time in 1858, it served in India and Egypt. In 1898 during the reconquest of the Sudan, the 21st Lancers charged a Dervish mass at Omdurman, winning three Victoria Crosses and the title ‘21st Empress of India’s Lancers’.

This is their badge

Then 17th/21st Lancers

Formed by the amalgamation of the 17th and 21st Lancers in 1922 and mechanised in 1938, it saw service in North Africa and Italy during the Second World War. At Fondouk it cleared a route though a heavily defended gap, sustaining heavy losses. Between 1945 and 1993 the regiment served in Palestine, Germany, Hong Kong, Aden, Northern Ireland, Cyprus and the Gulf.

This is there badge

and then Queens Royal Lancers

In 1993 the 16th/5th and 17th/21st Lancers were amalgamated to form The Queen’s Royal Lancers, retaining the Death’s Head motto of the 17th/21st backed by the scarlet of the 16th/5th. The regiment is proud to have Her Majesty The Queen as its Colonel-in-Chief, a position she has held since 1947 (with the 16th/5th). The Queen’s Royal Lancers has already served in Germany, Cyprus, Canada, Poland and Bosnia.

The motto when worn on the beret or other headdress does not have the crossed lances behind, but does have a scarlet background.

Beats the sh*t out of some budgee doesn’t it?
[/img]