Field desk

i just baught one of these at an auction. this one is not mine i could not take a pic of it my camera is broken so i am using someone elses picture. could yall tell me what war this was from. the auctioner said it was from WWII but you can never trust them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-S-ARMY-USMC-HQ-FIELD-DESK-NEW-IN-CRATE_W0QQitemZ6619904418QQcategoryZ13983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hm, never seen one of these before. But what I will say is that most kit I have seen that is military, regardless of nationality, will have a date on it somewhere. I would have a good look around for a date, it will tell you when it was made from which you could figure out when it may have been used.

Looks good though, what are you going to use it for?

right now i have it set up in my room till i can find a proper place for it

i did what you said and took a look around it and this is what i found

US Texas trunk Co Inc
DLA400-82-0-2989

i am guessing it was used in 1983

thank you for your help

It certainly isn’t WWII era.
If it came as described, with all the additional stuff, then a price of +/-$250 would seem more than reasonable. Mind you, ANYTHING like this costs a fortune in the UK. :cry:

no mine did not come with all the stuff listed i got mine for $20 at an auction along with a Picture of a WWII unit at Fort Jackson witch is not to far from where i live and i got that for $1