Fighting at Aleppo, Syria

Is this that future they dreamed for their children?

The main proble of opposition, as it turned to be, is that it consist mostly from… foreigners who fought for money ( sponsored by foreign countries) and care less whom to kill .The soldiers of Asad army are the syrians who lived among the local people. The foreigners( including the muslim fanatics) are the terrosits who targeted everything. No wonder they have to use the Al-quada tactic in Alepo- attacking the Army from ambush. The exactly the way the Talibam fought the Americans in Afganistan - very costly for locals.And. btw , the coalition also pretty well used the heavy armor there - may be they care about the people?:wink:

@Chevan

I started this thread to share a news piece that touched my heart, at no instance did I refer to the Syrian conflict in itself. I do not agree with your comments at all.

In my opinion your second post has so much wrong and/or biased info that I wouldn’t know were to start. I will say this though: Ambush tactics are around probably since the first army was formed, they are hardly an Al-Qaeda invention (?).

In memory of Issa, Ahmed and Sheihk, I like to believe that they died for their children’s future.

Well, i believ the each side of that bloody conflict is sure they fight for their childrens future - like during the any war in history including the ww2. And yes, i do agree the TERRORISM ( nemely islamic sort of it) hasn’t been invented by Al-queda. I just find it very odd that the westerners seeing the scene of killing pows or civils by muslim crowd , crying “allah acbar” still believ this crowd is “democratic opposition to regime”. As it occured to be in Libya - this crowd has an slightly different view on democratic principles, from Western ones.

Chevan, you keep repeating this silly claims that have long been debunked by the international community. While the Free Syrian Army rebels certainly are not innocent, no one takes seriously claims (originating from the Syrian gov’t) that they are behind the majority of carnage. It is Syrian gov’t forces using artillery, air power, and ill-disciplined Alawite militias against the ethnic minorities…

Me repeat?!!Noway!!!Did you ever watch at what your american and western fellows writes in oppositional sites?
Take a short look here
"While we reflect on the 11th anniversary of the al Qaeda attacks on American soil, there is a blinding light that may obscure our view: this sworn enemy now fights hand in hand with the US against the Syrian regime.
The historic State of the Union address by US president George W. Bush on September 20, 2001 is loaded with morals and principles about good and evil.
The president’s ultimatum was clear: either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
In Syria, there is mounting evidence that Al Qaeda and its allies are actively deploying terror tactics and suicide bombers to overthrow the Assad regime.
"
Is it not interesting?
But i especialy like the comments under this article
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/09/09/clinton-bashes-russias-syria-peace-plan/
"
[i]CanuckBC · 1 week ago
US officials are lying again. In Geneva Plan all sides agreed there is a need for reconciliation in Syria and building a government of unity. Russians and Chinese insisted that only Syrian people can decide. Americans knowing that most of “opposition” are foreign fighters are afraid of letting Syrians to decide, since most of opposition would have no voice in general elections. Clinton clearly does not believe that Syrians can decide as Clinton and probably Israel want .

persnipoles80p · 1 week ago
When ‘the US’ imposes ‘consequences for non-compliance’ for a country on it’s hit list, it will spread fantasies of that country’s ‘non-compliance’ so as to impose those ‘consequences’ and more. A sovereign government might as well ignore US imposed rules, the results will be the same. They’re generating foreign rebellions now, and it’s disgusting that they’re still pretending to be in a ‘dialogue’ with anyone.

davidgrayling103p · 1 week ago
American dialogue consists of the following: er, ah, mmmmmm, cough, gesture with thumb, sighing, shouting, hissing, spitting, gesture with one finger, smashing the table, kicking wildly, snoring, ****ing, glaring, staring, and teeth-grinding. Verbal communication is not allowed!

Clinton excels at these activities and can even get her eyes to look demented either singly or in unison!

Yonatan · 1 week ago
Shorter Clinton: we don’t want no stinkin’ peace.

Mark Thomason · 1 week ago
This proposal would condemn what the US and friends are doing equally with Assad.

The US would condemn Assad for resisting what it is doing.

That is the real confrontation.

Hillary’s seeks to use this to shoehorn in a UN authorization for US force, which is the exact opposite of Russia’s intent in offering it.

Those are the two reasons why it will go nowhere.

peter vojta · 1 week ago
Oh Hillary, trying so hard!!!
Hitlary wants war so badly. As a “woman and mother”, she is desparate to see some childern dying again…peter czech

★FALCON★124p · 1 week ago
Russia’s plan is to continue the Assad regime while the Obama / Clinton plan is to install the Al-Qaida Muslim Brotherhood and terrorize the entire region with a consolidated Sharia Super-State.

I see a lose / lose for everyone involved.
"[/i]
For further educational puposes , check this site out- there are a tonns of such articles.
How it fascinating to read what real anti-war american opposition ( i guess leftish) think!Can you say all those people are silly?
So tell me please which exactly and when the “claims have been debunked by international community” if even american inner comunity has no illusions about it. Still suggest it ordinating from Syrian gov?Who is silly now?

It is Syrian gov’t forces using artillery, air power, and ill-disciplined Alawite militias against the ethnic minorities…

Sure they use heavy weapon- the Syria had an regular Army though. What they have to use- the spears and knifes?Just in case you are not informed enough the US army and coalition in Iraq and Afganistan CONSTANTLY uses the tanks , aircrafts and even remoto-controlled bombers-drons against rebels( sometimes very “succesfully” , hitting the dozen of civils and milicia per one shot:)). Wish to complain about it to Hague court?

What do I care what uniformed, extremist right wing dipshits think? Many of those posters were the same ones that believe that creating a “democratic Middle Eastern oasis” in Iraq would transform the Middle East into a reformist paradise. Now apparently they believe that bloodstained, lawless regimes murdering their own people with their army is preferable to an “Arab Spring”. Saying al Qaida is fighting against the Syrian regime is sort of like saying that Nazis are fighting for freedom of speech. Occasionally they do when it is in their interest. So what? In any case, it’s only a relative small number of foreign fighters and ***** bastard regimes like the Assad and ex-Mubarak ones that gave rise to al Qaida more than any other single factor. Most of the former brain trust of whatever constituted al Qaida came out of the torture hellholes that were Egyptian prisons from the 1950’s to 90’s…

So your american opposition are “utter extremist”, “right-wing nazis” and just “full idiots”?!!! How is genious!I think you should add the “enemy of american people” and “Assad’s spyes”- that would be perfect at all! Common Nick, you do not live in USSR.:wink:

In any case, it’s only a relative small number of foreign fighters

Relatively small number?How to say!!
http://www.defencemanagement.com/feature_story.asp?id=20632

‘Foreign Jihadists are flocking to Syria’
07 September 2012

Anthony Tucker-Jones reports on how Syrian rebels are increasingly accepting the support of al-Qaida affiliated radical Islamist groups

There is growing concern that the rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) is increasingly relying on foreign al-Qaida affiliated jihadists. This is in part driven by the failure of the international community to act after 18 months of conflict.

In February, Osama bin Laden’s heir as leader of al-Qaida, Ayman al-Zawahiri, issued a call to arms for militants to support their brothers in Syria.

Ever since an Islamist group claimed responsibility for a major bomb attack in Damascus in mid-July it has become apparent that the FSA’s guerrilla war is increasingly adopting the urban terror tactics of the jihadist movement.

Birmingham MP Khalid Mahmood has warned that British Muslims are travelling to Syria to wage jihad. A Londoner was discovered fighting with the rebels in Aleppo, while opposition fighters including men with British Midlands and South London accents recently took journalist John Cantlie hostage – albeit briefly. This has led to calls that those visiting war zones should have their passports revoked.

Ed Husain, author of The Islamist, has shown how easy it is for disenchanted young British Muslims to be recruited by radical groups such as Jamat-e-Islami and Hizb ut-Tahrir. Foreign fighters are also said to come from Croatia, Kosovo, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Turkey.

Sunni Muslims see it as their duty to support their co-religionists in the struggle against President Bashar al-Assad’s Shia-based Alawite regime. It is also important to remember that al-Qaida is a Sunni organisation.

General Abdel-Aziz who defected to the FSA has warned: “The longer it takes [to oust Assad], the more groups and agendas get involved, and the more people from outside complicate our battles.”

While Syria has its own local jihadist groups such as the Ahrar al-Sham fighting in Aleppo, the conflict has drawn in the Lebanon-based Palestinian Fatah al-Islam and the Palestinian Abdullah Azzam Brigades. Abdullah Azzam was Osama bin Laden’s mentor during the 1980s. The Islamist Front for the Protection of the Syrian People or Jabhat al-Nusra li-Ahl al-Sham is believed to be supported by elements of al-Qaida in-Iraq.

Jihadists flocking to foreign wars is nothing new, they did this in Afghanistan, Bosnia and Chechnya - where they were considered more of a liability than an asset. Most tend to be little more than inexperienced war tourists and danger seekers, but while their impact on the fighting is always marginal, it’s the impact they have on the peace that is the real cause for concern.

FSA leaders have little choice but to accept the help of Islamist fighters and worry about the consequences later. The FSA claims to have around 40,000 men under arms fighting Syrian government forces numbering up to 200,000.

In the meantime the breakdown of civil law in the face of the fighting in Syria has led to the rise of religious law. In liberated areas in the cities of Aleppo, Dier al-Zour and Homs the rebels have been instigating Islamic courts, operating under Sharia law and issuing summary justice.

While the numbers of foreigners fighting in Syria are currently low, as the war drags more foreign jihadists will flock to the country. They will be harbouring a sense of grievance that the West stood by while innocent people were killed on Assad’s orders. In the past this perception led to the rise of militant Islam and bloody attacks on the west.

The legacy of al-Qaida has already been brought home to the streets of New York, Madrid and London. The worry is that British Jihadists could return from Syria to wreak mindless havoc on the streets of Britain’s cities.

Why such an real political analysis isn’t presented in CNN?
What do you say? The “etremists” are everywhere around again?

Yes, many of them are, and they’re painfully short sighted…

Relatively small number?How to say!!
http://www.defencemanagement.com/feature_story.asp?id=20632

Why such an real political analysis isn’t presented in CNN?
What do you say? The “etremists” are everywhere around again?

What were the percentages of “foreign fighters” again?

Agree, but not all the american presidents behaved reasonable as well- remember George W Bush?The some reasons the America send a troops for a war looked even more stupid!So just pure of political correctness and folowing the rights of freedom of speech - i can’t say all the american anti-war opposition are morons.Some of them tell very true thoughts.

What were the percentages of “foreign fighters” again?

Nobody known the correct figures for sure. Well i guess the CIA has an more or less true statistic but hides it coz they would dismiss the agenda “the FSA as a Syrian opposition”. Thosugh the internet has an few pieces of infor that might to clarify the situation.
We recently has already descussed the article where was told about 10 000 of foreign fighters crossed the Syrian border from Turkey and joining to FSA. Many of then are the former fighters of “Libyan opposition” who nade a bloody mess in Lybia last year.Here is an article about such butchers
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/08/09/the_syrian_rebels_libyan_weapon

The Tripoli Brigade was one of the first rebel units into the Libyan capital in August 2011. Its fighters, who included many Libyan expatriates, had received training from Qatari special forces in Nalut, a town in Libya’s western mountains. After the fall of Tripoli, during which he participated in the battle for Muammar al-Qaddafi’s Bab al-Aziziya compound, Harati was appointed deputy head of the Tripoli Military Council (TMC), serving under Abdel Hakim Belhaj, former leader of the now-defunct Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. Last autumn Harati stepped down as commander of the brigade and as TMC deputy. He made his first trip to Syria shortly afterward for what he says was initially humanitarian work in the country’s northern borderlands. The idea for Liwa al-Ummah came this year.

“There was a sense of increasing frustration among the Syrian thuwar [revolutionaries] over their lack of coordination,” he says. “They asked me if I could help them train and organize, and I agreed.”

According to Harati, more than 6,000 men across Syria have joined Liwa al-Ummah since its establishment three months ago. Most are members of existing rebel battalions or groups who decided to come under the Liwa al-Ummah umbrella; others signed up as individuals.

6000 come from ONLY Libya. But how many of terrorists come from Turkey and Saudi else?
So as we see even the FSA agreed the essential part of their “warriors” are “foreigns jihadists”. Who are Jihadist i guess you know!! And how “Sharia law” corresponds to Democrasy as well!!
Here is a "video reports"of their bloody activity accompanied with all those “Allah Acbar”,disgusting “Wahhabi songs” and other matter so loved by Hezbolla and Taliban.
I want to hotice- independently of percentage they have in FSA, the jihadist is the most active and fierce part of FSA whose tutures and murders of pows and “suspected in pro-assad sympaties civils” just flooding the youtube. The “CNN and Co” makes a pose like nothing happend, continie the foolish propogand about "democratic rebels’ while it getting more and more obvious for the americans - there is unfair anti-american game. Coz destabilizing the middle east the americnas ( and isaelis) creat the conditions to come to power such an radical islamic forces- compared to which the regimes of Assad and Ahmadinejad will look like a super Democracy. Like it happend in Libya where the former “democratic rebels/fighters with regime of Gadaffi”( how else they called that gang?) killed the american ambassador. Why do you think , during Gadaffi nobody attack the americans in Libya? This is another theme the American brainwashsed-media try not to rise up.

One more interesting article from “Modern Tokyo Times” about close ties of Taliban and FSA.
http://global-security-news.com/2012/09/05/afghanistan-and-syria-even-funeral-processions-are-attacked-by-fsa-and-the-taliban/

The Taliban and Free Syrian Army (FSA) have much in common when it comes to car bombs, attacking funeral processions and beheading people. In recent times the brutal nature of the Taliban and FSA can be seen by scores of people being killed during funeral processions by both terrorist forces. Neither the Taliban nor the FSA respect the living or the dead instead they both spread their hatred to every fabric of society which is deemed permissible to attack.
Organizations and wealthy individuals in Saudi Arabia and Qatar who sponsor terrorism will share much in common with both the FSA and the Taliban. After all, these terrorist organizations are deemed to be “the soldiers of Sunni Islamic jihad” within the stark militancy of the countries where funding is easily obtained.
Of course, with the vast majority of individuals who did September 11 coming from Saudi Arabia alongside the largest forces of international Islamists fighting in Iraq coming from the same country; then the Saudi connection to international terrorism is more than obvious. At the same time both Saudi Arabia and Qatar are spreading the dangerous Salafi ideology whereby other Muslims are deemed to be infidels like non-Muslims. This means that other Muslims and non-Muslims are deemed to be subhuman and worthy of slaughter providing Islamist clerics sanction this murder.
The mass contradiction of spreading hatred to Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, Mali, Somalia and a host of other nations, doesn’t apply to the policies of individuals and organizations which fund Salafi indoctrination and terrorism. On the contrary, the mass contradiction applies to nations like America, France and the United Kingdom which deem the same terrorist forces to be either friends or foes depending on the given situation.
Therefore, while the nation of Syria is on the frontline of protecting secularism, the rights of women and protecting all religious minorities against the forces of terrorism and Islamist ideology. The hypocrites in Washington, London and Paris are on the same side of the brutal forces of Islamist terrorism, car bombing, sectarianism and other evil deeds against the government of Syria. Yet in Afghanistan, the very same nations which supported Islamist terrorism in the 1980s and early 1990s are now fighting the same forces they once supported. It is this schizophrenic policy which is most alarming because these Western powers clearly have no morals.
Given this reality, it is now open season against the government of Syria. This means that car bombings, killing minorities, attacking funeral processions, killing journalists and other brutal deeds by the FSA and Islamist factions like al-Qaeda; are all glossed over and manipulated by language and a compliant media which is also inciting hatred. However, for the people of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria (and other nations) it is clear that all terrorist attacks are evil and should be condemned. Not only this, all ratlines which are maintaining the flow of funding brutal terrorist organizations like the FSA, al-Qaeda and the Taliban should be eradicated where it is possible. However, when it comes to Syria it is clear that nations like America, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, the United Kingdom and France are enabling these Islamist and terrorist ratlines to spread their sectarian hatred to the people of Syria.

Seems more and more people around the wolld warn that FSA slowly but hard is turning to an “Al-queda department”.The author looks biased and anti-western, i guess , however the everyone may will have convinced in youtube that the behaviour of FSA islamist is very alike to the Taliban and Al-queda in Iraq/afganistan endeed.

This is a completely different situation than Iraq was, and I highly doubt any US or NATO troops will directly become involved at this point…

Nobody known the correct figures for sure. Well i guess the CIA has an more or less true statistic but hides it coz they would dismiss the agenda “the FSA as a Syrian opposition”. Thosugh the internet has an few pieces of infor that might to clarify the situation.
We recently has already descussed the article where was told about 10 000 of foreign fighters crossed the Syrian border from Turkey and joining to FSA. Many of then are the former fighters of “Libyan opposition” who nade a bloody mess in Lybia last year.Here is an article about such butchers
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/08/09/the_syrian_rebels_libyan_weapon

6000 come from ONLY Libya. But how many of terrorists come from Turkey and Saudi else?
So as we see even the FSA agreed the essential part of their “warriors” are “foreigns jihadists”. Who are Jihadist i guess you know!! And how “Sharia law” corresponds to Democrasy as well!!
Here is a "video reports"of their bloody activity accompanied with all those “Allah Acbar”,disgusting “Wahhabi songs” and other matter so loved by Hezbolla and Taliban.
I want to hotice- independently of percentage they have in FSA, the jihadist is the most active and fierce part of FSA whose tutures and murders of pows and “suspected in pro-assad sympaties civils” just flooding the youtube. The “CNN and Co” makes a pose like nothing happend, continie the foolish propogand about "democratic rebels’ while it getting more and more obvious for the americans - there is unfair anti-american game. Coz destabilizing the middle east the americnas ( and isaelis) creat the conditions to come to power such an radical islamic forces- compared to which the regimes of Assad and Ahmadinejad will look like a super Democracy. Like it happend in Libya where the former “democratic rebels/fighters with regime of Gadaffi”( how else they called that gang?) killed the american ambassador. Why do you think , during Gadaffi nobody attack the americans in Libya? This is another theme the American brainwashsed-media try not to rise up.

Nobody knows the exact makeup of the FSA rebels, not even themselves as there is no monolithic command structure and there are many divisions within the rebels and they have difficulty coordinating things. There is no “propaganda” about all the rebels being “democratic,” so I have no idea what you mean. It’s simply the truth that Assad began a harsh crackdown that included massacres and the use of military firepower on their own civil centers. Assad decided he was going to use the same harsh tactics his father used in the late 1970’s and 80’s against the Sunni population of artillery and air power, this time it backfired.

Saudi Arabia and Turkey are involved since Turkey is on the border and has to process all the refugees and the Saudis are in a long running rivalry with the Iranians who are decidedly backing Assad to the point they have entire units involved in the fighting now and are organizing and planning much of this.

As far as foriegn membership in the FSA, I doubt they have much idea and numbers are merely speculation. From Wiki:

Foreign combatants

The number of foreign Sunni militants active within the FSA is hard to assess. In late May 2012, based on interviews with FSA fighters, it was reported that 300 Lebanese had joined the FSA. The presence of Algerians, Tunisians, Jordanians and fighters from Saudi Arabia was also confirmed.[268][269] A leader of the FSA told an AFP correspondent that five Libyan combatants have been killed in clashes with the Syrian Army. The same leader, while denying the presence of many foreign fighters, said that there are few of different nationalities. Peter Harling, from the International Crisis Group, told the AFP that the proportion of foreign fighters is currently very small, but might grow after Saudi Arabia and Qatar announced their support for arming the rebels.[270]

Croatian General Marinko Krešić confrimed that there are between 80 and 100 Croat mercenaries between the ages of 40 and 60 helping the Free Syrian Army. They are veterans from the Croatian War of Independence (1991-95) or Bosnian War (1992-95), but also fought as mercenaries in Iraqi War (2003-11), Libyan civil war, Tunisian revolution and Egyptian revolution. Krešić stated that some are serving as security, instructors while others are killing. He also stated that they are very well trained and that “they are the one who will probably kill rather then be killed”. Krešić stated that their payment is up to 2,000 US$ a day due to “rich foreign donators”. He also added that the majority of the volunteers coming from the Balkans to help the FSA are Serbs and citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina.[271][272][273] Sources close to the Belgrade military circles confrimed that the former members of the Kosovo Liberation Army are also aiding the FSA. They are mostly instructors who train the rebels mostly for the urban and the guerrilla warfare.[274]

There are dozens of Kuwait’s volunteers entering from Turkey that are fighting in ranks of the FSA. The volunteers are given Syrian IDs as a precautionary measure in case they are arrested, before they are armed and sent to fight in different locations across the troubled country.[275]

Moving this over to the military section and combing with previous Syria thread…

Oh common!! What a suspicious lack of awareness
Sometimes you have to watch that damned ZNN:)

http://www.sacouncil.com/index.php/news/press-releases/coalition-for-a-democratic-syria-asks-obama-romney-to-support-no-fly-zones-additional-arms-for-free-syrian-army/
Coalition for a Democratic Syria Asks Obama, Romney to Support No-Fly Zones, Additional Arms for Free Syrian Army

Obviously the “democratic mojahedens” in FSA goes out of ammo and can’t continie their “democratic jihad” .May be they should ask the weapon for their “muslim-brothers” in Afganistan too?Why not ,if Obama and Romney so kind today!!

It’s simply the truth that Assad began a harsh crackdown that included massacres and the use of military firepower on their own civil centers. Assad decided he was going to use the same harsh tactics his father used in the late 1970’s and 80’s against the Sunni population of artillery and air power, this time it backfired.

I just checked out the american media
Yeah they tells about the same…
http://abcnews.go.com/International/obama-calls-syrias-assad-step-freezes-assets/story?id=14330428#.UGHoM7LN_Sg
but i specially love the comments down the page.
You know - it’s very useful to watch the comments just to make sure how the local people take it

karek40

We have radical islam in Libya, seriously heading that way in Egypt and our president wants Assad to step down. Looks like we would learn if Assad steps down radical islam will control Syria. Almost appears that is the plan.

singDavidsong

the U.N.'s High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay should suggest that the Security Council refer Bush and Cheney to the International Criminal Court for their role in the violence in Iraq and torture of its citizens at Abu Garib.

Gringo817

Amazing how, out of all these weird looking clown-like Mid East tyrants on their way out, Assad is the only one that appears in pictures, to look almost normal. Clean shaven, nice haircut, and all. Appearances can be deceiving !!!

Is it not AMAZING!!:wink:
Seems most of americans DON"T even trust their media!! And i believe them coz i don’t see the reasosnt to believe to our Putin’s managed medias too.

As far as foriegn membership in the FSA, I doubt they have much idea and numbers are merely speculation. From Wiki:

And who does write WIKI?!!
The figures in wiki contrudict even to the words of fsa leaders!!plust the article dated by may - now the situation has changed much. The foreign terrorists-juhadists flooding the FSA since those days- this is the fact the western mass media agreed.

You mean CNN and I get info from a variety of sources, including PBS Frontline. But interestingly, a CNN reporter was with the gov’t Army troops yesterday reporting from “their side” in Aleppo…

Obviously the “democratic mojahedens” in FSA goes out of ammo and can’t continie their “democratic jihad” .May be they should ask the weapon for their “muslim-brothers” in Afganistan too?Why not ,if Obama and Romney so kind today!!

You’re engaging in a strawman argument, I never said they were “democratic”…

I just checked out the american media
Yeah they tells about the same…
http://abcnews.go.com/International/obama-calls-syrias-assad-step-freezes-assets/story?id=14330428#.UGHoM7LN_Sg
but i specially love the comments down the page.
You know - it’s very useful to watch the comments just to make sure how the local people take it

Is it not AMAZING!!:wink:
Seems most of americans DON"T even trust their media!! And i believe them coz i don’t see the reasosnt to believe to our Putin’s managed medias too.

I don’t really care about comments left as they are indicative of nothing. The truth is that most Americans are apathetic about Syria just like most Russians support the Assad regime because they grant naval and military facility access.

And who does write WIKI?!!
The figures in wiki contrudict even to the words of fsa leaders!!plust the article dated by may - now the situation has changed much. The foreign terrorists-juhadists flooding the FSA since those days- this is the fact the western mass media agreed.

A variety of people are allowed to write on articles for Wiki. Who wrote the sources you’ve cited? Do you even know what event triggered the rebellion against the Assad regime more than any other?

Really? What did they report? The “anothe one brutal mass murder of civils by assad’s army” Common:)

You’re engaging in a strawman argument, I never said they were “democratic”…

Did i ever write you said it?? You , seems doubt about propogand which portray the rebels beeing the democratic!!No?

I don’t really care about comments left as they are indicative of nothing. The truth is that most Americans are apathetic about Syria just like most Russians support the Assad regime because they grant naval and military facility access.

The comments of peoples tell endeed a much of!! The americans apathetic about Syria just compared with the hysteria the american mass media - they obvioulsy spread sometimes a nonsense which adult resonable american can’t even take.I don’t really care neiter about russian “imperial” ambitions nor even about profit selling to regime of assad the weapon. We just see that the those gang of ugly islamic killers who is called “opposition” by mass media endeed bring the evil much worst then the regime of assad itself.

A variety of people are allowed to write on articles for Wiki.

Really? So how about to write an article in english wiki, say from Nort Korean point of view?Wish to try?The cencorship in wiki just repeat the mainstream propogand-line in mass media- you are too old not beeing aware of such a things.

Who wrote the sources you’ve cited? Do you even know what event triggered the rebellion against the Assad regime more than any other?

The sources i citied are the WESTERN sources that you can verify.But as it occures to be - the comment of people are more informative that the article in matter of studying of social oppinion.Like that…

Sad to inform you but we would still be losing 750,000 jobs a month, only essential workers are left. And that job growth you say for 17 months, were they also in unknown zip codes again? Is Obama’s illegal war funded? Was the failed trillion buck stimulus funded? How about Obama care we wasted 18 months on that is useless why the economy was getting worse? If we have had such job growth for 17 months you would think everybody would have a job. Instead we have more people getting layed off, business closing.[b]You can listen to whatever this bunch tells you, spin it around and there is the truth[b]. Matter of fact Obama said yesterday this country would be stronger than ever after the recession ends.I thought he said last year the recession has already ended. Yet another false tale. But follow him off the cliff.Given another 4 yrs we are done

Did you know the US losing the 750 000 of a jobs per month?While those warmongers
rise up a anti-iranian hysteria , claiming the USA has NO MORE serious troble then to protect a “civilized man” the average americans lose their jobs!!

I’m glad you can smile about that, but yes. Of course these are radicals like UN observers and various journalists from the international community. So I guess Assad never massacres his people and commits atrocities by using heavy artillery and air power specifically ethnic neighborhoods such as Sunnis?

I think more specifically, what triggered the events of today was when a group of (Sunni?) youths wrote anti-Assad slogans on the walls of buildings during the ‘Arab Spring’ protests. At that time, the protests within Syria were peaceful. But Assad’s secret police took the kids into custody and their parents never saw them again except for of course the torture photos that were released. Their fathers were told to “forget about” these children and to “make other ones.” And then told if they weren’t man enough to do it themselves, to bring their wives in. Most of the kids died under torture and some were possibly used in pederasty rapes…

But I guess they just “made that up?” That despite the bloody history of the Assad dynasty going back to the 1970’s where use of heavy artillery and live ammunition on defiant cities has been the norm…

Did i ever write you said it?? You , seems doubt about propogand which portray the rebels beeing the democratic!!No?

Some factions of the rebels are democratic Western-minded secularists, some are Islamist. That’s inevitable. The Frontline program I viewed stated this and that there was tensions inside the FSA…

The comments of peoples tell endeed a much of!! The americans apathetic about Syria just compared with the hysteria the american mass media - they obvioulsy spread sometimes a nonsense which adult resonable american can’t even take.I don’t really care neiter about russian “imperial” ambitions nor even about profit selling to regime of assad the weapon. We just see that the those gang of ugly islamic killers who is called “opposition” by mass media endeed bring the evil much worst then the regime of assad itself.

Oh please, it’s not the “mass media,” it’s from governmental bodies across the world including the UN…

Really? So how about to write an article in english wiki, say from Nort Korean point of view?Wish to try?The cencorship in wiki just repeat the mainstream propogand-line in mass media- you are too old not beeing aware of such a things.

Um, do you not recall that Wiki has numerous unfavorable entries regarding the war…Need I remind you that the same “hysterical mass media” in America actually broke the story of U.S. soldiers shooting at Korean civilians and conducting mass killings…

The sources i citied are the WESTERN sources that you can verify.But as it occures to be - the comment of people are more informative that the article in matter of studying of social oppinion.Like that…

I don’t consider “Global Security” to be particularly reliable in their assessments often and they’re written by some that have a partisan slant…

Did you know the US losing the 750 000 of a jobs per month?While those warmongers
rise up a anti-iranian hysteria , claiming the USA has NO MORE serious troble then to protect a “civilized man” the average americans lose their jobs!!

And? “Warmongers?” I think on the whole the U.S. gov’t has been pretty reasonable and is hardly warmongering at this point. Did you not read of Israeli PM Netanyahu decrying now he’s been snubbed lately?

DO you know a difference between the “people” and extremists?How do you qualify the people who explode the few officials , killing the dozen of civils?

I think more specifically, what triggered the events of today was when a group of (Sunni?) youths wrote anti-Assad slogans on the walls of buildings during the ‘Arab Spring’ protests. At that time, the protests within Syria were peaceful. But Assad’s secret police took the kids into custody and their parents never saw them again except for of course the torture photos that were released.

By whom the photos been realized?Nicki?You like a kid ;)Look at the root…
If to folow such a logic if the Nizis has realized the photos of etnic germans brutally killed by poles near Danzig - shall we to think the Poland is guit in all atrocities of ww2? It should be carefully investigated who’s killed those poor children in Syria- ether assad secret police or anothe terrorisic group.
And WHEN the Sunni islamic mojahedens ( who were alongside FSA since most first Siege of Daraa)and Al-quada was a …“peaceful”?This is absolutli new for me, can you inform please?

Their fathers were told to “forget about” these children and to “make other ones.” And then told if they weren’t man enough to do it themselves, to bring their wives in. Most of the kids died under torture and some were possibly used in pederasty rapes…

But I guess they just “made that up?” That despite the bloody history of the Assad dynasty going back to the 1970’s where use of heavy artillery and live ammunition on defiant cities has been the norm…

If you a really very interested the history - you should know the Syria is not the only state which used the artillery against internal terrorist . All the other states in Middle East, including beloved Israel , used it CONSTANTLY and STILL ,killing the civils ( not only their own)?
Why ONLY Assad regime called “bloody” and needed to be overthrown ?Lets start from most first “candidates”…Say , why not to start from Libya immediatelly?Where bloody islamist killed an american ambassador?

ome factions of the rebels are democratic Western-minded secularists, some are Islamist. That’s inevitable. The Frontline program I viewed stated this and that there was tensions inside the FSA.

Oh , that’s fine- look like the democratic secularist might have a close friendship with Islamist from all of the world:)Seems the “democrats” in FSA care about fight for power more then for a DEMOCRACY.
Just wonder why those idiots in USA still spend a billions , figting the Islamist from Al-queda…Is it inevitable to fight them you you are arm them?

Um, do you not recall that Wiki has numerous unfavorable entries regarding the war…Need I remind you that the same “hysterical mass media” in America actually broke the story of U.S. soldiers shooting at Korean civilians and conducting mass killings…

Really the American mass media EVERY day warm the americans about shooting civils in Korea , like they warn them about “iranian paranoya”?
Hmmn, which exactly channels you watch ,my friend?I want them too…
P.S. Be very carefull, the New-York is filled by iranian terririst, if to believe NYPD;)

And? “Warmongers?” I think on the whole the U.S. gov’t has been pretty reasonable and is hardly warmongering at this point. Did you not read of Israeli PM Netanyahu decrying now he’s been snubbed lately?

You mean they US gov enough resonable NOT to start ANOTHER one military compaint , additionally to those DOZEN of wars they already wage ?While the ordinary americans losing a jobs inside USA and some start a riots, sure they should be “pretty resonable” beeing in fear of possible people mass protests.While the domestic warmongers spend a billions , arming the Israel and send their own troops to fight for…nothing.Do you find this situation resonable?

Almost forgot…
The US increase their troops involved into Syrian civil war.
Pentagon deploys special forces to Jordan-Syria border

Panetta’s comments came during a NATO conference of defense ministers in Brussels, where he said the US had been working with Jordan to monitor chemical and biological weapons sites in Syria and help the country deal with Syrian refugees crossing over the border.
The US has previously used Jordan as a base for other Syria-related military activities. In May of this year, Washington held military drills in Jordan dubbed ‘Operation Eager Lion,’ which saw around 12,000 troops from several nations participate in undisclosed training exercises.

All this international gang from “several nations” ( aka “Syrian national opposition”)is trained and armed by US. No doubts those crowd will took active part in bloody conflict in Syria as “part of FSA”.
COnsidering the point that CIA has been caught in organisation of training camps for islamist/mojahedens in Turkey the situation seems is getting more complicated. In fact there an discovering the organisation of entire intervention against Syria.

Are you talking about the Syrian gov’t forces or the FSA?

By whom the photos been realized?Nicki?You like a kid ;)Look at the root…
If to folow such a logic if the Nizis has realized the photos of etnic germans brutally killed by poles near Danzig - shall we to think the Poland is guit in all atrocities of ww2? It should be carefully investigated who’s killed those poor children in Syria- ether assad secret police or anothe terrorisic group.
And WHEN the Sunni islamic mojahedens ( who were alongside FSA since most first Siege of Daraa)and Al-quada was a …“peaceful”?This is absolutli new for me, can you inform please?

Um, what does the German invasion of Poland have to do with it? The FSA is mainly Syrian and Syrian Army defectors. They’re not an exterior nation invading another. Your Siege of Daraa link hardly helps your case, if this were simply a counterterrorist operation as the Syrian Assad regimes wants everyone to believe, then why did they not send in special operations soldiers? They sent in a “reliable” mechanized division and conducted a military siege operation. These are the acts of an extremely unpopular gov’t, not of one carrying out surgical counterterror operations…

If you a really very interested the history - you should know the Syria is not the only state which used the artillery against internal terrorist . All the other states in Middle East, including beloved Israel , used it CONSTANTLY and STILL ,killing the civils ( not only their own)?
Why ONLY Assad regime called “bloody” and needed to be overthrown ?Lets start from most first “candidates”…Say , why not to start from Libya immediatelly?Where bloody islamist killed an american ambassador?

Oh , that’s fine- look like the democratic secularist might have a close friendship with Islamist from all of the world:)Seems the “democrats” in FSA care about fight for power more then for a DEMOCRACY.
Just wonder why those idiots in USA still spend a billions , figting the Islamist from Al-queda…Is it inevitable to fight them you you are arm them?

What Israel did in 1948 doesn’t really have much to do with this, nor does the terror attack in Libya against the American embassy. In fact it was the liberation of Libya from the bizarre Qaddafi that has actually served as a moderating force. Libyans turned out in droves to protest the attack on the embassy and reject lawlessness and violence of Islamist militias. Libya is hardly a comparison that benefits your views. The gov’t there is struggling to combine the militia forces into a disciplined, regular army–the Embassy attacks have only strengthened this resolve and the populace behind it…

Really the American mass media EVERY day warm the americans about shooting civils in Korea , like they warn them about “iranian paranoya”?
Hmmn, which exactly channels you watch ,my friend?I want them too…
P.S. Be very carefull, the New-York is filled by iranian terririst, if to believe NYPD;)

Or Moscow is filled with Chechen terrorists if you believe the Militsiya? And while I’m not a fan of “Iranian paranoia,” Iran did attempt to assasinate the Saudi Embassador to the U.S. in Washington, D.C. And it has been shown that many of the Iranian special forces have been behind attacks on U.S. forces that were in Iraq and some of their elite units can be rogue and acting beyond their gov’t…

You mean they US gov enough resonable NOT to start ANOTHER one military compaint , additionally to those DOZEN of wars they already wage ?While the ordinary americans losing a jobs inside USA and some start a riots, sure they should be “pretty resonable” beeing in fear of possible people mass protests.While the domestic warmongers spend a billions , arming the Israel and send their own troops to fight for…nothing.Do you find this situation resonable?

I’m not sure what your complaint is here? That America wants to become involved in the Syrian Civil War directly? Hardly. If it was, the FSA would probably have a much better arsenal and more ammunition, which is what is allowing the Assad Forces to keep them from taking control…