Film of T-28/95

This is a short bit of film on the T-28/95 motor gun carriage, though there are many stills of the one remaining vehicle, this is the first MoPic footage I have seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAKeIbSMzSw

Interesting, but the actual vehicles weren’t actually must faster than the static display. :slight_smile:

Thanx for the clip…looks like a beast.

I see that it has four tracks…the worlds first 4x4.:wink:

Coincidence,I was just browsing a page about the WW2 vehicles and saw these pictures of the T-28 at the Patton Museum in Ft Knox, Kentucky.
t28-01.jpg

t28-03.jpg

Good pics rudeerude…a very impressive looking tank.

It’s not a tank I tell you… :smiley:

The term “Tank” is a generic catch all used by most folks in describing a tracked, armored, large gun toting vehicle.much as “car” is used for any type of automobile whether a convertible, (59’ Caddy Eldorado) or a coupe, sedan, or Saloon.

Thank you tankgeezer…:wink:

More info on the T-28 here. Scroll to the bottom of a VERY long post (#1 - George Eller’s)…

The barrel trepidation is noticeable, and IS NOT firing, the vehicle must be nose heavy as hell. Kind of atractive monster.

Its going over the “washboard” a purposely bumpy stretch of road, probably to see how the power train, and suspension manages the vehicle’s weight,( and maybe the crew’s ability to keep from spilling the whisky ration :slight_smile: )

I do like this one…gives another idea of the actual size.

I will say this, if you have total air control and excellent artillery support, then such a tank, even going slow, would roll over whatever was in the way no matter how dug in.

Deaf

Looks like he’s taking the dog for a walk. :slight_smile: (Actually, the T-28 is drafting the Stuart, that way he can make a cool 14mph downhill.)

very interesting clip.