Five Guys Who Make Rambo Look Like a Pussy!

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-bitch.html

Ha! Interesting article. But obviously there are many many more…

:rolleyes:…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Günther_Viezenz

I see him and raise you Paddy Mayne

That’s impressive, and they’re right when they say it would sound unbelievable in a movie or book. It’s almost ridiculous how nobody seemed to be able to kill them, lol.
But notice how they’re all Allied? (with the exception of the Finn, who was fighting the Russians and during the Cold War/Modern day attitude of some would therefore pretty much be considered allied)

Probably because they picked five people who survived the war. German equivalents would probably never have had the chance to do so.

Point taken.

Mattheus Hetzenaur, the best german sniper with 345 confirmed kills did survived the war.

Actually a lot of the leading Wehrmacht snipers survived the war (Hetzenauer, Allerberger, Sutkus, Pein, Wirnsberger).

This fellow was a bit of a lad:

Otto Skorzeny

“There is no harm in doing without things. It might even be good for you not to get used to a soft life!”

http://greyfalcon.us/Otto%20Skorzeny.htm

One of the most Telling things about how Skorzeny was regarded comes from Yeo-Thomas. The Warcrimes lot were looking to put Skorzeny on trial.
Yeo-Thomas went to the Prosecutors and said (slight paraphrase here, but this is the gist of it)
:“If you are going to try him, then try me right beside him in the same dock, for the same things: That man was doing the exact same job I was.”

I’ve always seen that as one of the most honourable actions of the entire Warcrimes episode.

Regards, Uyraell.

Very true, one of few.

Still, Skorzeny had the feeling that he needed to go into hiding, after all… And you can tell the fact that he remained a passionate Nazi by the scum he continued to stay in contact with…

My friend, I’m actually inclined to view those contacts in the obverse:
from my research, it seems apparent that others were invariably trying to contact Skorzeny. He in fact seems to have initiated little if any of those contacts.

Warm Regards, Uyraell.

I’ll have to admit I didn’t put extraordinary amounts of research into my previous statements, just a bit of googling.

But the fact that he was a Nazi and supporter of the annexation of Austria, as well as his popularity in the SS would speak for him being, and staying a Nazi. He was a member before they came to power, which speaks for him being ideologically motivated, not only by power.

And the fact that he was in the Waffen SS further strengthens that point. But if you have any concrete sources saying otherwise, please tell, I’d be happy to be proven wrong. :wink:

((Mutters about having to go dig stuff out in the near future))
I do have a source: Skorzeny himself. I have a book, written about ten years (it may be more) after he moved to Malaga, Spain. In it, he says plainly that certain former Nazis kept trying to get in touch with him over various schemes and matters, and that he invariably went to great lengths to avoid said contacts.
In support of this, what I read of Doenitz in Malaga mentions the same, namely, various persons seeking to contact Skorzeny, and he going to great effort to avoid said contact.
I don’t think Doenitz, who disagreed with the SS on general principle, would lie to protect an SS member, even one as well known as Skorzeny.

That’s all I have , for now, and I admit I cannot now duplicate the Doenitz info: that and many other valuable references were in a collection of mine that got broken up.

Regards, Uyraell.

Well, I’ll take your word for it Uyraell. :smiley:

Danke schoen, Mein Freund :slight_smile:

Regards, Uyraell.