For our Russian Friends - Sevastopol

Clip on the battle for Sevastopol (spl?) Thought you guys might enjoy this. Its in russian but I think you can get most of the main points without speaking it. Really well done and worth a view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMxXjYsscQs

Very nice computer graphics .

Very strategic.

Thanx

Oh, i didn’t know there are so much “russian” friends is here :slight_smile: :wink:
Thanks guys :smiley:

Cheers

Thanks Gen, sorry i.m too late noticed this thread.
This is not russian mate , but ukrainian languages. Not bad graphic but nothing special.

Cheers.

Graphics are just average. I enjoyed info. I knew a bit about Sevastopol defence but information about German loses right at the end of the clip were amazing…

(Good to understand Ukrainian…)

Dani,

What percentage of mentioned casualties and loses in equipment were Romanians?

Cheers,

Lancer44

Sorry for my late answer since I’m out of time lately.

I don’t know about percentage of “mentioned” casualties but, according to Mark Axworthy (Third Axis, Fourth Ally - Romanian Armed Forces in the European War 1941-1945, London 1995 ISBN 1-85409-267-7) on Sevastopol assault Romanian Mountain Corps (1st Mountain Division, 4th Mountain Division and 18th Infantry Division) lost 8454 men (KIA, MIA and wounded) took more than 11000 prisoners (including most of the 109th Rifle Division) and earned its commander, Gen. Gheorghe Manoiliu, the Ritterkreuz.

Thanks a lot Dani!

Oh, i didn’t know there are so much “russian” friends

Well Chevan, hopefully you have us, because did not seems that you want to make many friend in here. :rolleyes:

Anytime mate!

Panzerknacker i mean friends not in direct sense.
Gen Sandworm called this thread as “For our Russian Friends” so when i saw who appear in hear i was pleasantly surprised.
So touching what you mean as “make the friends in here”.
I had never went to the our forums ( by the way my favorite and single where i’m constantly presents) to make the friends. Certainly the friend are nessesary and very inportaint everywhere, but i never be cynic or somebody like that to be the friend with men who like rusofobic theories or who blame the Russia (USSR) like and Germany as the MEAN reason of all Evill in the world. Becouse this is Cold war shit. Certainly it doesn’t mean i have the personal claim to the somebody in our forum. And i never tryed to make the personal insultings for somebody.
I think this is the resault of Cold war - it could be hard for you to understand becouse Argentina took never active part in the Cold War and you can wath from the side to this.
Anyway i sure this situation is soon be impoved.

My best wishes for all.Chevan.

Hi Chevan,

So unexpectadly you gained some friends…
I’m one of them. And I’m not alone.! Believe me!

We may argue about many things, but a moment later we will be able to have a drink and talk about fishing and hunting.

I would like to tell other Forum members that me and Chevan have e-mail contacts. I had seen Chevan’s face and … well, big fellow is somewhat “honest looking chap”.
We may not agree in many topics, we may argue, but we can talk and this is the most important. We can discuss things.

We don’t want to follow our politicians on both sides of the fence…

Why “the fence?” Well, we are neighbours, lets have a beer over the fence and talk about trimming “these tree” together.
This apply to USA. Poland, Canada etc.

BTW. Chevan! Can you show us this photo with your platooon?
Mladshi lieutenant Chevan…
Please …

Cheers,

Lancer44

Sure mate i know it.

We don’t want to follow our politicians on both sides of the fence…

exactly .

BTW. Chevan! Can you show us this photo with your platooon?
Mladshi lieutenant Chevan…
Please …

Why not. But i’m starshij lietenent mate.

This is my combat car. Radiolocation station ( recognations and aim-indication) of air-defence rocket system C-300.

Me and my bloody 18-years guys.

Cheers.

Nice pictures Ch.

And yes, you are probably right the word friends ( amigos in spanish) have only a meaning to me.

Sorry, mate.

Great pics.
S-300 is great.

Cheers,

Lancer44

I have to agree with Lancer.

Chevan мой друг, спасибо за изображения!:wink:

Thanks very much guys :smiley:
Certainly we’re all the friends , becouse the frendship this is only really importaint thing.
Dani , i thought you know only few words in russian. What’s surprise :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Well, I used altavista’s babelfish for other words…:wink: