For the Holidays.

A very Merry Christmas to all of our members, And while Feasting the Season, remember those who are away, maybe in distant lands, who cannot be with their Kin, and stand watch in cold, and desolate places for our sake.

Good thought, tankgeezer. A very Happy Christmas to you and yours, and to all In Here. With best wishes, JR.

Same here, to all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdEFaOoSBsw

The video reminds me of one of those bits of wisdom an instructor with lots of war experience imparted to my recruit company along the lines of: “If you end up in battle or other contact with or operations against the enemy, grab every opportunity you can to sleep wherever and whenever you can, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Because you never know whether you’re going to go for hours or days before the next opportunity. You have no f**king idea how physically and mentally exhausting it is wandering around a jungle expecting to be shot at, never mind some bastard actually shooting at you and making it far too noisy to get a good nap. A quick nap during the day could be the difference between staying awake on picquet at night or going to sleep and getting your throat cut before the enemy slips into your night harbour and cleans up your sleeping mates.”

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Years. Yours from sunny and warm Buffalo, NY (where we still haven’t had a real snow)…

Merry Christmas… y’all!

Relish a Bumper, and tasty joint of Beef by the warmsom Yule fire.

yule_log_gutenberg.jpg