Forum software upgrade

It must be part of the upgrade package Procyon installed, some check box thing maybe. It is way clunky to navigate in this fashion, having to F5 every time I go from thing to thing, hoping it gets debugged soon.

This isn’t normal behaviour. Can you clear your browser’s cache? Ever since I did that, it works fine for me.

I clear my cache a few times a day. I’ve restarted. I’ve shut down for half an hour and rebooted. Nothing does anything to resolve the problem at my end.

I’m only logged in because I pressed F5 the second time the log in screen showed up after I’d already logged in, without being logged in by the system.

This is going well.

When I look at any forum list there isn’t the post that I just posted in another thread, but it was there a while ago.

Mate, whatever you’ve done to improve the forum, it isn’t working.

I’ve routinely cleared my cache and it still shows me alternately logged in and out regardless of computer or device, though I haven’t tried it on my iPad…

The other forum I mod there is talk of ditching vBulletin because they sort of suck…

Now I see posts I made a day ago appearing, that I thought had failed.

This site is ****ed.

Jesus wept!

Posted in another thread and my post appeared after posting.

Then I look on main menu and it’s not there, nor is it when I go to thread.

Same with post I made in this thread saying the site is ****ed, which clearly it is.

If the intention is to finish off this site by making it almost impossible to post, it has been hugely successful.

If not, the result is going to be the same if the current problems aren’t fixed.

Not sure if what I do is what you mean, but I use CC cleaner every day to clear out cookies, and detritus from my computer. My browser is also set to clear the Cache at shutdown, but I’ll look in my computer for a dedicated clearing button, see if that helps. This all did begin when the new version was installed.

Things seem to be running better, more consistently. But I still have to Refresh after logging in to show that I’m logged in. (And yes, I cleared everything in my browser)…

When I click on What’s New I get an outdated list of posts. I can see more recent posts only after logging in.

If others have the same problem, the site looks like nothing has happened for a few days.

If you refresh after navigating to a section you should get the most recent posts, I had the same trouble with new signups, didn’t see any for days, then discovered I had to F5 everything. I’ve cleared the cache, done about everything, but still I have to refresh each time I log in, or navigate the site. Not a huge problem, but not as fluid as before. Using windows 7 with google Chrome.

I’m using Windows 10, which is a ****ing abortion of an operating system, with Mozilla.

Site is way too hard to navigate and is woeful even by standards of 15 years ago.

Might be time to bail out.

My Son uses 10, and it is a lot of hassle for him too. I’ve wisely stayed well away from it. will use 7 until something much better comes along. Agree that the site is troublesome to navigate, but for now, it’s not so awful, so will stick it out till a patch is available.

The problem with having to continually refresh seems to have gone, I can navigate just as before this all began.

Welp. Things seem to finally be working here, I can log in and actually post it seems… :slight_smile:

Then all is well.

For those having difficulty logging in, select the “Remember Me?” by checking the box before logging in. It makes all the difference for me…

Worked for me.

It should be fixed altogether now.