Forum software upgrade

Hi,

I’ve upgraded the forum software to a more recent version. As usual, please let me know if there are any issues. Thanks!

As we’ve corresponded via email, it seems I can log in (sort of) and post using the Advanced option, but cannot stay logged in and the Forum Home Page shows me as not logged in. But I can navigate as logged in using the “What’s New?” tab. I can also only post via the “Go Advanced” option…

Test…

Test from chrome

Can you try clearing your cache? I’ve tested on chrome and FF.

I can’t log in through usual log in page. I put in user name and password, click enter, and next screen tells me I’m not logged in and displays usual log in page.

I got here by clicking reply to Nick’s quoted post after clicking edit on one of my previous posts, after preceding attempts to log in.

I logged out after last post above and logged in again through top right log in panels, and it worked.

EDIT: I just tried replying to TG’s last post, and couldn’t get in with either top right log in panels or usual log in page.

I got here by using edit on this post.

I’m using Mozilla.

My cache is cleared and I’ve shut down and restarted (as distinct from just restarting) before this edit, with no improvement.

The only anomaly I have encountered is that after the usual log in, I have to refresh the page, it then shows me as being logged on. Using Google Chrome.

I’ve got it, thanks. Cntrl+F5 worked on this end…

test…

I’m find the site to be difficult to navigate having to refresh to do anything logged in…

I’m not having any problems, you lads must be weird or something. XD

Well that goes without saying!

Bah, we’re all weird.

I just got what you experience. I logged in and then it showed me the login window. I’ll investigate tomorrow - I can’t today. I wonder if Cloudflare is being weird. I’ve turned it off for now. Let’s see if that makes a difference.

I still think it is a local caching issue. I used a different browser that I don’t use and it logged me in just fine.

And Proudly so !!

Just wasted half an hour losing a post which required me to log in after trying to post it from advanced, and then being told my pearls of wisdom were too short as they were fewer than 5 characters. Nobody would ever accuse me of posting less than 5 characters. :wink: :smiley:

This was on top of wasting time finding a way to log in when I kept getting a log in screen after each attempt, until I looked up top and saw that I was logged in.

I suspect that minimal posting in past few weeks is due to others experiencing these sorts of problems since last update, assuming they manage to log in to begin with.

You have to refresh your screen after sign in, then you’re logged in. So push F5 after, and you should be good. I have to refresh every time I nav to another thread, or section. If you take too long to write a post, (according to the system anyway,) you’ll be logged out. The best way to avoid this is to check the remember me box under the username box when signing in, otherwise you can copy what you write, and paste it in a new post. I’ve had to do that on occasion.

Thanks for that, but it’s way too complicated and clumsy for any modern forum, particularly as there aren’t any instructions for potential new members to log on to a site that presently makes the rotary dial telephone look like the pinnacle of human communications achievement.

We didn’t have any of these problems before the last site upgrade (Gee, how different is that to most computer / software / internet upgrades, especially those brought to us by the cretins at Microsoft?).

I suggest that the site be reset to the previous version and more work be done on any future upgrade to make sure the site works at least as well as it did on the previous version.