Forum Upgrade?

Is anyone else getting a very threadbare version of the forum? I’m kind of confused by what’s going on…

Yes, the new forum software uses a different styling system, so until I figured it out, it showed no styling, which is really hard to read. A better theme will come next week. The blue isn’t really ww2-like. Sorry it took so long!

I think it’s neat. You should just keep the same style but offer different colors for those who prefer them. Not everything has to look like WW2…

Ok, I will keep that in mind. Then you can change the colour in the profile settings. How does that sound?

It looks good now, but last night it had me confused as well.

Cool, thanks mate, that was one of the weirdest forums I’ve ever been on.

Sounds great. Will it still auto-subscribe any thread I posted in? Because I really like that.

Now you just need to improve/replace the Gallery software of the Photo-section and it would be perfect…

Yes it should still auto-subscribe…let me know if it doesn’t. I like it as well :smiley:
As for Gallery…well there is still no word on version 3. Work started more than a year ago: http://gallery.menalto.com/node?page=2
I don’t want to install a beta version which would screw up everything.

There is also the possibility for you to subscribe to a forum section. So assuming you always want to receive a notification whenever somebody posts something in “Site Feedback”, you could go to the “Site Feedback” page and then at the top you have “Forum Tools” and then click “Subscribe to this Forum…”
If you change your mind you can always unsubscribe again in your profile settings.

Might just be me but the new vBulletin layout reminds me of phpbb sites.

I think subscriptions are on by default or past settings were carried over :wink:

Thanx Procyon…I like the new look and feel.

No problem! Please report any errors.

I like the new post link that shows all the New Post for the day.There used to be a link to get to the photo section Recent Update page.

Yup! I’ll put those back…working on it.

Not sure about anyone else but i just noticed i don’t have a log out button.

Same here. It appears to be a bug where the logout button is white until you move over it. In the top right corner you should see “Welcome,” - move your cursor further to the right of it until you get the ‘Log Out’ Option.

Yup. I’m editing the top of the page (header).

By clicking it you’re led to the Forum’s start page though, not to the photo site (as it used to).

Just wait until I am done.

One thing I’m missing is that in the Subscribed Threads window, it no longer tells you who wrote the newest post in said thread. It’s not a big thing but something I got somewhat used to.