German army training

Hello, new to these boards. Does anyone have any good links to german army/ss training? Very interested in the day to day life of what it was like to be a recruit in the german army both pre war and during.Especially with regards to field exercises,physical training and barrack room discipline etc. Thanks in advance.

Its very hard to find something like that,SS training,but if anyone know i am glad to see.

I’ve got a description of SS Basic Training in one of my books upstairs, I’ll try and find it later and post it.

there are many myths about the SS that circulate around, even in history books.

The SS were not better trained then the regular german army, period.

They had the same training, even from the same instructors.

The only real difference is that SS soldiers attended political seminars.

basic training for a raw recruit would vary during the war (due to situation or elite status) , from 2 months-4 monthes). Then, you would shifted to elite units if you volunteered, and train for, at the very least, 6-12 monthes.

Of course unlike Western Armies the Nazis liked to get them young… Hitler Youth etc…

A bit of military training, a lot of political indoctrination?

Good luck finding any info on that, your myswell find a german veteran and ask him. And in response to the Germans liking their soldiers young, that is completly untrue, the hitler youth was created in late 1943 because the Nazis were running out of fighting men, all their regular soldiers were over the age of 20 when enlisted. Unlike most allied countries who would conscript young men 17-18 to fight even though we didn’t suffer a sortage of men, excluding a few allied nations.

The HJ as we know it was created in 1926. It only started fighting in the front lines in 1943, but it was created much earlier.

And in response to the Germans liking their soldiers young, that is completly untrue, the hitler youth was created in late 1943 because the Nazis were running out of fighting men, all their regular soldiers were over the age of 20 when enlisted.

Political indoctrination started young, the HJ etc started their military training at a very young age. Thats what I meant, sorry for the confusion.